those devices that you can plug your guitar into and some earphones, and it will play a drum beat and a bassline and you can jam along to it...

does that make sense?

when i went to london guitar show, steve vai use something very similar hooked up the the PA and was jamming to that...

any ideas?
"suicide hotline, please hold......."
You can sort of do that with a loop station. Loop Stations have built in drum patterns and you could plug headphones into it instead of a cable going into the amp, I guess.
That's probably not what you're talking about though
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
hmm, not really...

they are little boxes, not much bigger than a fag packet..
is that the tascam?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
hmm, might be. do they have drum loops and stuff built in? ill go looking
You probably mean something like the Korg Pandora practise device - it's purely a practise guitar adapter designed to let you jam on the move, though recently they're getting more advanced - the most recent one has USB for recording and a pedalboard for live use. It's primary use is as an effects unit, but it also has backing/jam tracks. Check it out:

http://korgpandora.com

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
The Korg pandoras are fine pieces of work, the drum beats are okay and the effects sound good. They also have Mp3 inputs and I have one, that's probably what you have. Oh, and its no bigger than a deck of cards