I would like a nice, somewhat clean, very nice tone for under $1000. I want a clean tone because I will mostly be using pedals to give me dirtier or different sounds. I have narrowed my choice down to these:

-Orange AC15 for $900

-Vox AD15 for $600

-Tiny Terror+1X12" Orange cab for 900

I've always wanted an Orange, but the Vox is so much cheaper, and it does sound very nice. What do you think?
I assume you mean the Vox AC15 and the Orange AD15? The Vox is nice, but the Orange is a lot nicer if you ask me. The TT doesn't have a clean channel or much clean headroom, so that wouldn't be a good choice.

Anyway, try the AC15 and AD15 out if you possibly can.
Try a used Vox AC30. More clean headroom, better value, generally superior in tone. Should be able to get one used for about $900.
Quote by jamesbrehm
I would like a nice, somewhat clean, very nice tone for under $1000. I want a clean tone because I will mostly be using pedals to give me dirtier or different sounds. I have narrowed my choice down to these:

-Orange AC15 for $900

-Vox AD15 for $600

-Tiny Terror+1X12" Orange cab for 900

I've always wanted an Orange, but the Vox is so much cheaper, and it does sound very nice. What do you think?

I think you got your Vox and Orange turned around...it's Orange AD15 and Vox AC15. If I had the money, I'd go for the Orange.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Yeah, I got 'em mixed up. I say 15s because 30 is too much for me. Well, not that I couldn't HANDLE having a 30 watt amp, but it would be too much for my little, somewhat acoustic band. I think I might go for the Vox, because it's much easier to get. There's one at each of the guitar centers near me, and every once in a while they have a %20 off everything day. I'll wait till the next one ($480!) Thanks for the input!

BTW does anybody know when the next %20 off day at GC is?
I hear that the AC15 and the AC30 have very different tones, so that should be something you should watch out for....it's not just a wattage thing
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by JOn`
I hear that the AC15 and the AC30 have very different tones, so that should be something you should watch out for....it's not just a wattage thing

the ac15 is uber clean, but that's it. the ac30 can handle classic rock way better. with an od pedal it can get into hard rock