My buddy who wants to get into drumming is likely getting a Gammon set because of several complications and parent problems.

So what I was wanting to know is if any of you knew anything about Gammon and whethor or not the lower end sets are any good at all (because I know for a fact it would be close to a bottom line set...)
Basically they're ****ty no name drums.

Think of ****ty no name guitars to compare quality
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
Basically they're ****ty no name drums.

Think of ****ty no name guitars to compare quality

/thread

lol
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
Quote by eds1275
Will he at least be able to learn on them you think?

If he doesn't learn how to drum on them he's just retarded. But it might sound real bad.
Ok well I just wanted to make sure a crappy set wouldn't slow down his learning how to play. I know very very little about drum sets...

Thanks for the help.
Quote by eds1275
My buddy who wants to get into drumming is likely getting a Gammon set because of several complications and parent problems.

So what I was wanting to know is if any of you knew anything about Gammon and whethor or not the lower end sets are any good at all (because I know for a fact it would be close to a bottom line set...)

Gammon?

As one person already said, t is a low end no name kit...BUT

the great thing about drums, is if you get some great heads and get a friend who knows what they are doing, they sound just as good as a 700$ set with a decent set-up.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
im the one getting the set,right now i dont know pretty much anything about drums at all,ive just really wanted to get into them,but anywho i was just wondering if they were any good at all or if they were just horrible or not,me and him had never heard of gammon nor had anyone else i had talked to.I was hoping for something a little better but my step mom is cheap as dirt so i basiclly am stuck with these.i figured id buy some different heads and possibly a completly different snare since i heard the stock snare is absolutely awful.any ideas on some cheap,alright quality heads?
Quote by Unofficial
You're right, **** being 15, you guys are all jerks.

Why would you try and state a "defense?" There's no defense for being a plain old ass.

My Roflcopter pwns your Roflcopter

Firm supporter in having a first ever drum forum
well nvm,i talked her into getting me a cheap pulse set and im gonna get some Evans EC2 heads and some G1 heads to replace the stock heads
Quote by Unofficial
You're right, **** being 15, you guys are all jerks.

Why would you try and state a "defense?" There's no defense for being a plain old ass.

My Roflcopter pwns your Roflcopter

Firm supporter in having a first ever drum forum
Heads do make a small difference, Get some remo USA heads, Not the counterparts. but still your gunna want to upgrade, it will sound okay at best becuase of the quality of the wood used and the process of how its made.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.