Age of Silence is a progressive metal SUPERGROUP started by Winds' members Andy Winters (also part of Sculptured, Subterranean Masquerade), Eric Si (also part fo Tulus and Khold)and Haugen. In addition, the group features Hellhammer on drums, and one of the most underrated 'viking' musicians on the scene today, Lars Nedland (member of Asmegin, Solefald, Borknagar, and Carpathian Forest.)

Token Myspace Link

They have released just on full length (Acceleration) in 2004, but its a quality Prog album. They have a 2005 EP which is decent as well.

Listen and discuss.

Signed to The End records (who else?) if anybody is curious.
Interesting.

I love Wings, Asmegin, and Borknager. Will try Age of Silence out.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I love these guys. I've listened to Acceleration a lot. There is a serious lack of discussion regarding excellent bands like this in this forum.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Well, I'm a fan of Sculptured, Asmegin, Borknagar, and Carpathian Forest. And Hellhammer on drums?

I have no choice but to check these guys out.

Verdict: I love this. Seriously, amazing.

Prog and folk are my two favourite subgenres, and the songs on myspace capture both really well.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I like this, I'll have to get this album. Seriously, as soon as the song started, I was like, "Whoa" You have good taste Mr. President!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Acceleration is an awesome prog metal album. The lack of a large amount of posts in this thread is disheartening, to say in the least.
Age of Silence is great. I need to get some of their stuff.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
^Me too. I wish I had moneys.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
This band is great. The fact that their EP is about a shopping mall being opened in Hell makes them even more awesome.
Quote by djurico666
This band is great. The fact that their EP is about a shopping mall being opened in Hell makes them even more awesome.

Yeah, it's pretty much the greatest concept ever.
Quote by The Virtuoso
^Me too. I wish I had moneys.

I just ordered Acceleration off of The Omega Order for $1.99 with free shipping just so you know.

I'll have a bourbon.
^ REALLY?!?!?!? I just might have to do that.
Quote by Senor Kristian
I'm in the process of doing just that as well (as well as getting a shitload more for cheap.) That site rocks.
Bump for this band, because I'm listening to Acceleration right now and its style is refreshing and enjoyable. I haven't heard Winds yet, but definitely it reminds one somewhat of Asmegin's debut since Nedland did very similar cleans on that record.
I've found Jesus
I just came across accidentally yesterday when I was looking for an Anterior album! I am really digging it.
Wow, I was just about to search for this thread...

Anyway, in A Song for D Incorporated, it sounds like he's saying:

"It's not your horse, you lease it."

I need to listen to some of the bands mentioned in OP.