Page 1 of 4
animal cruelty performed by murderus republicans an hicks or an natural hobby. Ive been pondering how i stand on this issue an wanted ur guys input.
Well first off most of the respones you will get will be from people who arn't regulars....

I am opposed to taking of animal's lives for eating, games, or 'science'. I do however have more respect for hunters who use the entire animal body, if any actually do, then just cutting a little stack of meat and keeping the skin.
It's something I very strongly oppose. As with anything, there are exceptions, but for the most part, I'm totally against it.
DOWN&OUT
It's a personal choice.

We all have hobbies.

It's not like Hunters are trying to torture the animal. The whole point is to kill 'em quick.

Plenty of affluent, educated people hunt.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
It's a personal choice.

We all have hobbies.

It's not like Hunters are trying to torture the animal. The whole point is to kill 'em quick.

Plenty of affluent, educated people hunt.

Hey i read your post about going to the south, and seeing the crusties sparing for change in tennessee. SO i patiently waited to make it sound like i was one of them, on vacation at my brothers place.

AND YOU didn't see.
Well, I'm against hunting, but it's better than what the fast food industry and other kind of big food corporations do. If you're hunting just for fun and aren't even going to use the animal, then I'm strongly against it.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Hunting and Fishing is a way of life to me. Im not cruel to the amnimals. I throw back all of my fish and abide by the laws. There is absolutly NOTHING wrong with it. And all of these little emo punks need to get the hair out of their eye (yes singular cuz u have a gay haircut) and grow up.
Wow, judgmental douchebag much? Learn to speak like a half way intelligent human being (IE: no generalizing, gay is not a negative adjective, actually put some thought into what you're saying).
Yeah you can throw your fish back, but what about the deer you just killed? Cause I bet you don't need to eat that deer tonight to survive, and you probably won't.

As a sport, I see it as cruel and inhumane. As a way of life, I could never do it myself, but see the necessity. And yeah, streetlight, you're right, it is better than the fast food industry.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Hunting and Fishing is a way of life to me. Im not cruel to the amnimals. I throw back all of my fish and abide by the laws. There is absolutly NOTHING wrong with it. And all of these little emo punks need to get the hair out of their eye (yes singular cuz u have a gay haircut) and grow up.

I'm fine with it if use the animal when you kill it, otherwise it's just cruel. Like Jett said, you don't need that animal to survive, but if you're going to eat it that night and not buy another piece of meat to eat, then it's more acceptable. Anyway, you're mixing up scene kids with punks.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at May 29, 2008,
Quote by Jett Diamond
Wow, judgmental douchebag much? Learn to speak like a half way intelligent human being (IE: no generalizing, gay is not a negative adjective, actually put some thought into what you're saying).
Yeah you can throw your fish back, but what about the deer you just killed? Cause I bet you don't need to eat that deer tonight to survive, and you probably won't.

As a sport, I see it as cruel and inhumane. As a way of life, I could never do it myself, but see the necessity. And yeah, streetlight, you're right, it is better than the fast food industry.

Wow you must have one of those extremely homosexual haircuts. (Take it how you will.) The deer i kill gets processed and then I eat the crap out of it. Deer meat is delicious. Much leaner than anything you can buy at the store. I think it's way more respectable than goin to the market and buying some meat. So let me ask you do you eat meat? If you eat meat and say that hunting is bad, then you need to re-evaluate.
Uhm, no, I don't eat meat. I haven't since I was 12. I don't wear leather. Don't think I'm a contradiction. I've played fund raisers for animal shelters, take in stray or abused animals, and my family donates religiously to animal rights groups (as in respectable ones that aren't PETA).
I see hunting as cruel. End of story. I can't see how people find fun or take pride in slaying a defenseless, harmless creature.

Oh, and just for the record, my hair is short and out of my face.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Wow you must have one of those extremely homosexual haircuts. (Take it how you will.) The deer i kill gets processed and then I eat the crap out of it. Deer meat is delicious. Much leaner than anything you can buy at the store. I think it's way more respectable than goin to the market and buying some meat. So let me ask you do you eat meat? If you eat meat and say that hunting is bad, then you need to re-evaluate.

Extremely homosexual is not an insult either. Jett has a great fashion sense and some awesome hair, and I'm comfortable saying that as a straight guy. Ok, no more homophobe bashing. I think it's acceptable if you're hunting and using that instead of store bought meat, but if you buy meat on top of that, then it's not acceptable. I would personally never take pride in killing an animal, and even though I do eat meat, I'd rather not kill it myself and buy from respectable organic farms(well, as respectable as they get).
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at May 29, 2008,
Hunting > factory farming

I think hunting for sport is pretty morbid, but it's great if you're using it for food and using the entire animal and being respectful.

I suppose it goes along with this whole 'freegan' kick I'm on.

Also my people traditionally hunted, and I ****ing love bison, so I'll buy organic freerange bison but I'm too much of a city boy to hunt for myself.
Last edited by sargasm at May 29, 2008,
Quote by StreetLight3989
Extremely homosexual is not an insult either. Jett has a great fashion sense and some awesome hair, and I'm comfortable saying that as a straight guy. Ok, no more homophobe bashing. I think it's acceptable if you're hunting and using that instead of store bought meat, but if you buy meat on top of that, then it's not acceptable.

Let's make out! You know, in a straight way. Just buddy buddy, right
DOWN&OUT
Quote by SloppyJoseph

Please leave baseless personal insults out of this and attempt to have an intelligent discussion and maybe people will take things you have to say seriously...

If you eat the deer, whatever... it's less cruel to kill an animal like that and eat it than what they do to animals in slaughterhouses.. As far as fishing, I think it's kind of ****ed up to catch a fish with a sharp hook through its cheek and then just throw it back like some game... Fishing for food makes sense... Fishing to throw them back doesn't... and if you're honestly fishing enough to disturb the ecosystem, odds are you're a greedy S.O.B. or just a fat fucker.
Quote by Jett Diamond

Let's make out! You know, in a straight way. Just buddy buddy, right

Definitely!

And about the hunting and eating meat issue, yeah, I've been on the edge of becoming a vegetarian many times, I just didn't follow through.
Quote by crustyreed
Hey i read your post about going to the south, and seeing the crusties sparing for change in tennessee. SO i patiently waited to make it sound like i was one of them, on vacation at my brothers place.

AND YOU didn't see.

I'm sowwy I'll go back and check

And don't get me wrong, I love Crusties. They remind me of Oscar the Grouch.

And on the subject.

Your Nuge-esque attitude isn't helping anything Sloppy Joe.

There is nothing wrong with not liking the idea of hunting either.
Quote by your_martyr
animal cruelty performed by murderus republicans an hicks or an natural hobby.

Well, I can see that this man's opinion clearly isn't biased at all

Anyhoo, I don't mind hunting, I've been a couple times, but it's important to:
1) Don't hunt anything endangered, like the wild water buffalo.
2) Kill it quick.
3) Eat it instead of mounting it on your wall like some really ugly, fleshy tapestry.

Happy hunting
I'm against it, as well. I can kind of see fishing being okay, if you let the fish go, because as far as I know, it doesn't hurt them.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I would also like to throw in that most fish you can catch in my area are not even close to being worthwhile food.

I used to fish quite a bit.
I see nothing wrong with hunting for food. Infact, thats pretty p0nx! DIY food industry.

But hunting just to kill something is kinda dumb.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by sargasm
Hunting > factory farming

I think hunting for sport is pretty morbid, but it's great if you're using it for food and using the entire animal and being respectful.

I suppose it goes along with this whole 'freegan' kick I'm on.

Also my people traditionally hunted, and I ****ing love bison, so I'll buy organic freerange bison but I'm too much of a city boy to hunt for myself.

+A Bagillion.

Quote by Ska Wars
I'm against it, as well. I can kind of see fishing being okay, if you let the fish go, because as far as I know, it doesn't hurt them.

Sticking a hook into your cheek doesn't hurt you?
I fish regularly. I'm not going to try and defend it on a ethical standpoint. The reason I do it is because it is much cheaper to fish for trout than buy it at a market.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I have no interest in hunting or fishing, but I would be a hypocrite to condemn it since I eat meat.
Hunting just for the sake of killing something is mildly disturbing to me. I don't have any issues with it if you use the animal for food and aren't killing something that's endangered. I've never been hunting but my dad has gone bow hunting a few times.

I like to fish, even though I haven't done it in like almost a decade. Eating a fish that you caught yourself is really satisfying and it's fresher and cheaper than store bought fish. Fishing just to throw them back seems kinda cruel but I kill and eat the stuff I've caught so I'm not in a position to judge anyone. Besides, sometimes you have to throw back what you've caught.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
SloppyJoseph, if you're going to post in this forum don't post those lame little remarks trying to get a response, it's rather pathetic.

As for this thread I really don't see much point to it (sorry). You're undecided on where you stand and want people to tell you? I thought the whole idea of punk was not to be told these kind of things. There are also many different kinds of hunting, I'm no expert but I can think of at least three (trophy, food, sport) and have different opinions on each. On one hand you could be against the way do it on African reserves - people pay a certain amount for easy kills of things like gazelle, giraffe, rhino - but acknowledge the fact it's actually helping to preserve the species, or you could be against trophy hunting because they're just doing it to have a head stuck on their wall, or you could be for hunting for food because in some places it is a necessary means for them to get a meat intake.

I think it's more of a personal moral issue that you need to consider rather than something to follow a select few of a musical clique.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
if you eat meat, but are opposed to hunting for food, you are a massive hypocrite. hunting for food is much better than factory farming.

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at May 29, 2008,
Quote by Andrewbiles
SloppyJoseph, if you're going to post in this forum don't post those lame little remarks trying to get a response, it's rather pathetic.

Yo, gangster.

As for my opinion, I don't really care, it's obviously better than factories. My friend killed a bird with a pellet gun and his brother nailed it into a wall, and I have no problem with that, I just think it's silly.
Quote by Ska Wars
I can kind of see fishing being okay, if you let the fish go, because as far as I know, it doesn't hurt them.

yes, it most certainly does.

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
yes, it most certainly does.

Indeed. Even if it didn't hurt, taking a fish out of water is really traumatic for them. Even if you put them back they might die of shock if they've been out of it for too long.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
I enjoy both quite a bit. I'd rather kill something myself and eat it than buy it at a store. It tastes better and it's healthier. I have no qualms about participating in either because as a human being in an environment devoid of large predators such as lions, grizzly bears, etc., I'm at the top of the food chain. Which means I get to kill and eat stuff.

Quote by CowsWithGuns
Indeed. Even if it didn't hurt, taking a fish out of water is really traumatic for them. Even if you put them back they might die of shock if they've been out of it for too long.

This is true. A certain percentage (although relatively small) of fish caught and released do die afterwards, from damage to their mouths or shock mainly. Using barbless hooks can help with both, as they cause less damage and are much easier to remove. Even with hooks with barbs, I can almost always have a fish off my hook in about 15 seconds with nothing more than a hole the size of a pencil tip in their lip somewhere.
I have no problem with hunting.

Fishing I find insufferably boring, and I hate the taste.

As for the treatment of animals and such, whatever. Hunting is a far more humane death than what the hamburger you bought at McDonald's received.

On a side note, I could never go vegetarian or vegan. I'm picky with my food, I only like about ten fruits and less than half that many vegetables, and I'm significantly underweight as it is.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
It's a *delicious* personal choice.

fixed

Just kidding.

In other news, derrogatory terms for homosexuals are not welcome in this forum.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by Andrewbiles

As for this thread I really don't see much point to it (sorry). You're undecided on where you stand and want people to tell you? I thought the whole idea of punk was not to be told these kind of things. There are also many different kinds of hunting, I'm no expert but I can think of at least three (trophy, food, sport) and have different opinions on each. On one hand you could be against the way do it on African reserves - people pay a certain amount for easy kills of things like gazelle, giraffe, rhino - but acknowledge the fact it's actually helping to preserve the species, or you could be against trophy hunting because they're just doing it to have a head stuck on their wall, or you could be for hunting for food because in some places it is a necessary means for them to get a meat intake.

I think it's more of a personal moral issue that you need to consider rather than something to follow a select few of a musical clique.

i was hoping for an exelent, mature debate on the issue which is what occured except for a hiccup or two. I was hoping that people would make points that i didnt think of because there are quite a few intelligent people in here.

Ive been hunting since i was 9 and recently begun to fish more often. I always become a little unsettled after i kill a deer an i just started to think about it today.
It is a great sourse of lean organic meat and the DIY meat industry joke made me laugh. I kno kids that "road hunt" an dont follow regulations and it pisses me off. Kudos to everyone.
fishing rocks. hunting is fun if you have a big ass truck I guess.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I dont like the idea of hunting in any way shape or form but I can understand the attraction. I'm just a bit soft. I'm not vegetarian but I dont eat meat regularly because I always buy organic and I cant really afford to. I dont wear leather either. I wouldnt judge someone for hunting or fishing though, the same way I wouldnt like to be judged. Its not a case of "hippy" v "murderer" its about personal choices. I couldnt kill but that doesnt mean other people couldnt and if you're hunting for food then fair play.

If you're hunting for fun...

Another thing that a lot of serial killers have in common is torturing and killing small animals
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Hunting: If you hunt for fun, to shot some animals, then **** you. If someone really wants to eat the animals and takes their live for this purpose then it´s ok, but this person should have respect for the animals. For example lots of hunters feed the animals during the wintermonths and in all some are animal-friendly. If you eat meat from factory farming you cannot moan if someone is hunting.

Fishing: In general it´s equaly to what I said about hunting, the only thing which is different is that these big trawls destroy the oceans and not only catch the fishes. I´m not amused of these immensely big fishing fleeds of companies which get the fishing rights of the poor nations and destroy the protein sources of millions of poor habitants.
We should stop to eat so much fish, because it´s a really important part of the nutrition of billions of people.
Page 1 of 4