what stings do you prefer/suggest?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Martin SP Bronze 80/20 or PhosphorBronze

D'addario PhosphorBronze

Strings are very personal so just try them all out. I tried strings for about 9 months before i found what I liked. Play with guage and brand as well. I currently use Medium guage.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i use d'addario ej16 phosphor bronze light guage.. lasts pretty long..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
"Stings?" "Stings?"

"StRings" I presume:

Elixir has been doing a great job at a reasonable price, with any variety of their strings.

Most folks who play regularly and change strings every other day, try to get Thomastik Infelds. (Expensive, but GOOD!!)

-Soupy1957
"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now"

Epiphone EJ200
Epiphone AJ500ME
Epiphone Hummingbird
Washburn J28SDL
Guild GAD25NAT
Last edited by Soupy1957 at May 30, 2008,
Quote by jimtaka
i use d'Addario EXP 13s if i want coated strings.

+1 to these strings. I really like D'Addario strings in general, I use them on all my guitars.
Gibson EXP heavy, they run about 14$ a set and can go to hell and back 15 times before they bust, I have actually tried to bust my strings when they got too rusty for my liking after 7 or 8 months.
anything elixer is just great IMO, the outer coating lets you slide your finders over them more easily and they last forever/sound amazing.
Just strung up with D'Addario today for the first time. So far so good, seem better than the rotosounds that I had before.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Actually, i find that the normal d'addario phosphorbronze's die too quickly for my liking. Then again... I kill all strings. I kill elixirs in the same time as Martin SPs. either way i just change strings after a month, so i figure that i might as well just get normal strings instead of elixirs since i can buy 3 packs of Martins or D'addarios for the price of 1 set of elixirs.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Earnie Ball. Teh purple ones w00p lol
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
Bee's.

They die afterwards, unlike those pesky wasps D:

But seriously, I think the best way to find out which strings you prefer is by trial and error. If a set of strings is within my budget, I'll give them a try.
I have a pack of d'Addarios and some Martin Silk and Steels in my room at the moment, waiting to be put on my guitar. I've got about as far as finding out I don't like bog standard Martin bronze.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Sorry TS, I'm not trying to threadjack, but it seemed like a good place to throw this in. I have a quick question. Why is there more love for the thicker gauge strings? What would I gain out of moving up to 11s or 12s (I'm currently only on 10s)? And what will I lose (I'm guessing playability)?
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
well for me the difference in sustain and overall tonal responce was a huge plus as far as playability it may be temporarily differed however playing on higher tensoin strings will only increase your overall playing skill may seem harder at first but the long term benifits outweigh it if you can pull of a fast accurate scale on an acoustic with .013 just imagine what you can do on a nice necked electric