Hey, I bought an EMG pick up on ebay, which was supposively in mint condition. It came without a place for the battery, so is it broken or can I fix it?
well it could be a passive pickup....u didnt give any real infor about it...so i cant really help
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
There should be a red wire that gets attached to a battery clip. If the batt clip is missing one can be gotten at radio shack.
Quote by Tackleberry
There should be a red wire that gets attached to a battery clip. If the batt clip is missing one can be gotten at radio shack.

So is it a 9 volt? It does have the wire though, so all I have to is solder it on?
Quote by dustyboy316
Hey, I bought an EMG pick up on ebay, which was supposively in mint condition. It came without a place for the battery, so is it broken or can I fix it?

I really hate to be a jerk but....

WOW
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
They dont come with "places for the battery".

You install the pickup into your guitar, switch out the pots, and then solder the battery into the loop. Plug in the battery, plug in the guitar, and boom "BROOTALZ"
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
ok thanks. I was just making sure I wasn't missing a part. I'm takin it in to a shop to get installed because I need something else done anyways. I just didn't want to breing in a broken piece.
No the batt clip doesnt come attached to the pickup lead so it can be soldered to 2 or 3 pickups when you install the whole set.