Page 1 of 5
I have heard so much ranting about how his guyis the greatest guitarist ever.In my opinion, I have seen his name on this site more than any other guitarist. I looked up videos, songs, and everything and I don't see why he is so great.It is like everyone on this site loves him? did he cure the sick or something but really please tell me why he is so great.
1.go to the metal forum.
2.mention him.
3. ????
4. you'll realise not "everyone on this site loves him."
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
pretty much an imitation of fast guitarists like steve vai and satch etc. but hes in an awesome band.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
hes overrated by emos.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by elliott FTW
pretty much an imitation of fast guitarists like steve vai and satch etc. but hes in an awesome band.

BULL**** (about his band being "awsome" )
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
avenged sevenfold is mainstream, so people assume he's a good guitarist because they're popular
Quote by sincewhen??
You LastAuramancer ....Are a GOD
I think he's hyped up wayyyyy too much but thier definatly some talent there
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by Graveworm
I have heard so much ranting about how his guyis the greatest guitarist ever.In my opinion, I have seen his name on this site more than any other guitarist. I looked up videos, songs, and everything and I don't see why he is so great.It is like everyone on this site loves him? did he cure the sick or something but really please tell me why he is so great.

get off of this site, most people here have horrible tastes in music
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
He has un-neccessary solos. I do not like them.

+0.5
The newest self-titled album is full of pointless solos that don't fit in with the songs and feel and sound like it's just Syn showing off for attention "Ooh! Look at me and what i can do!"
Quote by elliott FTW

No. They just play the same thing that every metal did before them and combine it with trendy clothes and unremarkable stage presence.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
That's due to the fact that 50% of kids that are on this site that claim they like "metal" actually doesn't know ****e about metal.

They think that metal is all about black clothings, tats, and lot of distortion and growling but it's not.

IMO Synyster Gates suck as a guitarist.

Don't get me wrong, I like Avenged Sevenfold and their SONGS, not the members, not the image, and not the simple wannabe shredding solos that he does live.
Idk honestly. He was called "the next Malmsteen" or something like that at one point i think, but really, most of his solos are sweeped sections with some fast picking parts. Not much to rave about, really.
Quote by elliott FTW
but hes in an awesome band.

yeah not so much.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Graveworm
Not in China.

brilliant
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
You do know that a lot of bands these days do a ****E-LOAD of editing right?

Check them out live. And for the record, Synyster Gates DOES NOT HAVE TALENT.

Talent is when you can ditch the image, the metal-wannabe emo band, and based JUST on your music have tons of fans. That's talent.
A7X is the one thing missing from the Mayhem (AKA "Metal Poser") tour.

I actually think the best member of the band is the bassist. Other than that I don't care for their solos with 5 or more separate guitars dubbed over each other. Or their ridiculous trendiness, style, and crap stage performance.
Most people on this site hate him with a passion from what I've seen.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I don't think he's the greatest but I must admit, he has much more talent in one finger than most mainstream guitarists have in their entire bodies.
He bases his solos on just minor pentatonics and simple major forms. Doesn't even bother using half of the major modes.

Just check him out live, and see for yourself.

Lol and are you joking? Try to make songs and solos like him?

You make me laugh.
The only solo i remotly like from him is the second part of the almost easy solo.
Meh, I only know that one song by them through kerrang. They dont make much of an impresson on me.
Been away, am back
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Says the one with the Dragonforce profile pic?

He's changed it to Aerosmith now...

BURNT
i think its kind of sad that people bash guitarists just because their recording sounds different from their live shows, i mean a few bands diserve this thrashing but some people improve on it ( i hear syn is one of the few gettign better live), but some of his sweeps seem hard but they really arent like the afterlife solo after the repeated intro, i learned it and played it as good a syn to a degree, hes not a bad guitarist, and you cant just blantantly bash him, it does take a little bit of talent and practice to get solos down and sweeps down good, also people have a tnedancy to not do good live, either they be drunk (totman), showoffs (FoB), or just hitting puberty so they cant sing lik they did on their album (black tide)
He'sa good guitarists, but the solo's everywere get annoying. Listen to any City of Evil song and you'll see.

HOWEVER, I went to Taste of Chaos and he broke out into solo, and was was amazing.

EDIT: +1 to the Johnny Christ being the best member thing.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Last edited by Gmp211 at May 29, 2008,
Quote by deaththrashcore
A7X is the one thing missing from the Mayhem (AKA "Metal Poser") tour.

I actually think the best member of the band is the bassist. Other than that I don't care for their solos with 5 or more separate guitars dubbed over each other. Or their ridiculous trendiness, style, and crap stage performance.

you are a well im not going to cuss so fill it in with whatever cuss word you want, mayhem is going to rock and its not poser metal, thats insulting disturbed ( alt metal) dragon force ( gamer metal) slipknot ( metal) airbourne ( pub rock) and imo black tide ( some what thrashish imo) the only poser band on there is underoath and thats it
Well he is definately better live now
They were flawless when I saw them. Although they were ****e pre-COE for a while

He is a good guitarist, but I think little kids bum him too much. He's my fav guitarist, but I'm perfectly aware that he isn't the best out there.
I think his solos are melodic and catchy, and he has a good tone too.

People forget that a7x were very much an undergound metal/punk band. Whatever they are, they definately aren't manufactured.
Page 1 of 5