ok so ive looked and looked and looked and now i come to you guys to help me. I'm looking to buy a cheap guitar to customize, which i have found in a Dean Vendetta 1.0 with a Vintage Tremolo...the only problem is (other than changing the pickups which i have already solved) , is that i don't like the trem....so my question is can you take out the one on the guitar and put a floating tremolo ( floyd rose type or the like, bending both up and down) in where the old tremolo was. thanks for the help.
"As long as I'm satisfied with my work, I'm not too concerned with what any critics think, but when I can stand on a stage and see a lot of smiling faces in the crowd, it makes it all worthwhile." ? Randy Rhodes
No, you would have to do some routing to make space for the floyd, as they take up much more space than vintage trem
Quote by mexican_shred
^oh jesus christ . just because it has the same brand name and a remotely same name doesnt make it at all the same. its like saying a cat is like a human because its a mammal.
You can but a FR will cost more than the guitar. And even more if you pay somebody to do it. And would need a locking nut put in. You will find a super cheap guitar with a bunch of expensive mods is more expensive than a better guitar.