I'm looking for a delay pedal preferably under $250-300. I've been looking at the Electro Harmonix Memory Man with Hazarai and I really like that. It's got tap tempo which I think is essential in a delay, chorus, flange, reverse, and it can even work as a ring modulator. I like that it's really versatile and works well with what sounds it makes. But a friend recommended me the TC Electronics Nova Delay and I've been watching demos and reading about it alot and it seems like it's just as versatile as the EH but without the chorus/flange/ring modulator. I don't have a chorus or flanger or a ring modulator so that was a really nice feature to find in the EH but I'm stuck on which one I should get. What do you guys think?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Are you after the warm, lush, and natural tone of an analog delay? Or the long delay time and features of a digital delay? Or if you want both, which would you prefer?

And you like tap tempo. I'll keep that in mind. Basically you have a ton of options with your budget.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
The Nova is leagues above the SMM/H IMHO. I plan to pick one up to pair with my DMM.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Well I like how analog delay sounds, but it's not one of the deciding features on buying the pedal. And the versatility of the digital is something I really like. So I guess I like both of them but if I had to choose the more important one, it would be the digital sounds.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Well I like how analog delay sounds, but it's not one of the deciding features on buying the pedal. And the versatility of the digital is something I really like. So I guess I like both of them but if I had to choose the more important one, it would be the digital sounds.

Alright, it sounds like you would indeed like the Memory Man or the Nova Delay. Also you could maybe look at the DD-20? A bit inferior to the DMM and Nova tonally, but dayum...
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Eh, I looked at the DD 20 and I didn't really like it. Even though I dont usually mind how digital delay sounds, this one was like the Spider III of delays. I don't really like Boss pedals, I find that they're just par for the course. And when it comes to my tone I'll never settle for par.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

I've been researching delays in that price range. The TC Electronic Nova Delay is a winner. Also, I see more and more Line 6 DL-4 in the pedal boards of professionals. Might be worth looking into. From what I've read, some of the DL-4's aren't as solidly built as the others.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I've been researching delays in that price range. The TC Electronic Nova Delay is a winner. Also, I see more and more Line 6 DL-4 in the pedal boards of professionals. Might be worth looking into. From what I've read, some of the DL-4's aren't as solidly built as the others.

I think alot of people like to use the DL-4 has a looper though. That way they don't have to buy a second pedal for dedicated looping.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.