Right guys, i've got it down to the two...

The 1960A 4x12 or the 1960BV, but now i'm stumped for which to choose and would welcome some help and opinions on these two cabs.

Cheers!
Speakers and one's angled, one's not.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at May 29, 2008,
The 1960A has G12T75 speakers in it and the 1960BV has Vintage 30's and a tad bit more low end.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
^^ He wrote A or BV I think...

I'd go for A... standard and the best I think cab these days - no matter what other people say
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
I would without question get the BV...for the V30 speakers. Some folks claim a better sound is had from the B (non-angled) I personally can't really tell the difference.
What amp are you going to use it with?

For almost anything I'd suggest the 1960BV over the 1960A. Vintage 30s seem to sound better with almost any amp than the G12T-75s.

And to whoever said the Vintage 30s have more low-end... The G12T-75s definitely have more low end, I have the 1960b with them in it and they have more chug to them than any V30 cab I've tried.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What I meant by more low-end was about the fact that the BV is a straight cab whereas the A is angled. The majority of cabs I've played, the straight ones have had more low-end, though I never done a test of G12T75 vs Vintage 30s for low-end or anything like that so you may be correct there.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
To be honest, there wont be a world of difference, although saying that, im going to replace the top 2 GT's in my 1960A with 2 V-30's, that apparently is the best thing you can do...
Wow, a bit of confusion it seems.

I did mean the 1960BV, not the B. It wasn't a random hand spasm that decided to hit the V!

I'm looking at angled 4x12's. I'm heading more towards to BV as i love my mids and i don't use a huge amount of bass anyway.
Also because someone asked.....i'm using a 3ch dual recto head with the cab.

Thanks for the opinions guys!