34 43%
vintage
15 19%
goth
12 15%
custom
19 24%
Voters: 80.
I like the standard the most. I think it's the best for heavier stuff and pinch harmonics. I can't get pinches on the G-400 Custom. It's also one of the cheapest (if not THE cheapest) out of the list.

ps. you forgot the tony iommi custom. yes, that's a g-400
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Ya i know, i just dont really like it. How is the custom the cheapest? Its $500.
emily strange g-400 ftw?
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
I dont like it either. So what about the vintage? Why hasnt anyone voted for it?
Emily the strange is a g-310
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Vintage/Faded and Standard are exactly the same, it's just one is thickly finished and the other only has a thinner finish.

Custom is crap. Middle pickup = huge downgrade.

There's the Deluxe, but that's just the Standard with a flame top and cheap gold hardware, not worth paying extra for.

Get the Standard or Vintage, just whichever you prefer the finish of.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
get the standard. then mod the hell out of it!

i loaded some SDs into mine and modded a killswitch into the bridge pup tone knob hole. pretty sweet i must say. that and setting it up myself to my likings has made it a killer axe and competes well with high end ones in the tone department.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
The G-400 Standard is the best IMO, the Deluxe and Custom have added crap that either makes the guitar look good or actually downgrades it. Like the middle pickup, and gold hardware. Vintage is pretty much the same as the Standard too, just different finish.
Well i dont know how much difference it makes (if any) but on musicians friend the standard has alnico pups while the vintage has a classic in bridge and a hot in the neck. Does that really make any difference?
Quote by djgbsbj
Well i dont know how much difference it makes (if any) but on musicians friend the standard has alnico pups while the vintage has a classic in bridge and a hot in the neck. Does that really make any difference?

That's just how they've chosen to word it on the site. The pickups are the same - they're generic Alnico V pickups based on the Gibson '57 Classic pickups design, though Epiphone also make the 'Classic Plus' styled pickup which is the same but slight overwound (tiny bit more output).

All 'standard level' Epiphone SGs, LPs, designer series and archtops come with those exact same pickups unless otherwise noted (e.g. Tony Iommi SG, Slash LP, etc).

Get a Standard or Vintage/Faded and change the pickups. Job done.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
What about the one with the full pickguard?
Looks like the Gibson SG
$400
But IMO not with the extra $100, I don't like that full pickguard.
It's just so you look like you're playing a Gisbon SG from a distance..

Go for G-400 standard in white.
Looks amazing
1966 G-400
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I like the 66 re-issue. I was almost going to buy one, but I played a fender start that I liked a little more.

They are all pretty good looking though.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Is there really any difference in the pups on a g400 and a g310? Or does the g400 just have covers on them? And on american musical's website why is the ebony g400 so ****ed up? Like the pups look blk instead of chrome, and the paint on the body looks really wierd.
Ok so, with the standard, does blk or cherry look better? I know this is just your opinion but i would still like to know. Which one looks more expensive? And whle im on here, what is the wood like on the g400? Is it good quality?
ok well now iv started looking at the prophecy guitars. How are these compared to the g400?
Wow, i was just on musicians friend and i noticed the g400 in white. Is this exactly the same as the standard only white? If it is this is gonna be mine.
Quote by djgbsbj
Wow, i was just on musicians friend and i noticed the g400 in white. Is this exactly the same as the standard only white? If it is this is gonna be mine.

Aren't the pick-ups in the white EMGs?
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Hey everyone, first post here but I was wondering...
What would be the best replacement pickups for a G400 Custom?
I want something that sounds similar to the stock pickups (exept, well, better)

Thanks for your help
Quote by Zarros
Hey everyone, first post here but I was wondering...
What would be the best replacement pickups for a G400 Custom?
I want something that sounds similar to the stock pickups (exept, well, better)

Thanks for your help

Gibson pickups
But they're expensive..
Gibson= Good stuff, High price

And TS
You're talking about the G-400 EMG vs the G-400 STD white, right? (std.. lol)
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']Gibson pickups
But they're expensive..
Gibson= Good stuff, High price

Alright thanks.
So I was looking, How and what is the difference in sound between Bustbuckers and 57 Classics? Do they sound good together? (Sorry I don't know much about pickups)
And one last question. Would it be better to replace them with one kind or have two separate kinds in whatever amount? I am looking to replace all three by the way.
Im getting one tomorrow but i dont know what color.
I can get a red one for 225. or a white or blue one for 300.
too many colors
Standard or Vintage. Though yeah, the limited White version is the best
I'm not talking about the one with emgs. The one i am talking about looks just lke the standard g400 except that it is white.
ive got the deluxe and i dont see whats so bad about it. i like the flame top, it sounds like a beast, it doesn't have gold hardware, chrome, and so far ive had no problems with it. and i got it cheaper cuz it was a factory second for blemishes :P i like it better cuz no one else has smt like it, they all have red ones.
wow this is quite old..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Standard ftw

EDIT: Hes probably got the guitar already. I dont think that we needed to bring this back.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Last edited by John5rules125 at Jan 20, 2009,
Get the goth and not just because i have it, it looks awesome and it plays well.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Why are people still trying to help him, this is like a 6-7 month old thread
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
lol I didn't realize the date. I saw this thread was on the first page and assumed it was new.

You missed the two Best Epi SGs the Tony Iommi SG Which IMHO is the best SG around even better than most Gibby SGs I have played and the Epi Prophecy SG comes in second.

John

Edit i didn't notice the date either! LOL