I am in love with my C30. But it needs a bit of volume to sound good. At very low volumes, it sounds like, well, not crap, but not that great with gain. At 2, with the boost button on, it sounds very good. Crank it up more, and it is great. But for a good sound, it gets a bit loud. Not painful, but I would like it a little quiter. And when I do really crank, which is when ever I'm home alone, it sounds excellent, but is really loud. I want to get this tone and reasonable volumes and also be able to play without bugging anyone. I know it seems a little picky but I just can't stand the sound when I have to put it low, it depresses me. So I am looking for an attenuator or something like that. However, I am fairly confused. It seems like you need an external cab to get an attenuator to work. I searched and just got more confused. If this is possible, what are some good (if any) cheap ones. Or is there just some sort of "master volume" pedal I can use?
Just get a miniMASS from weber. Works great, you just need an extra speaker cord. All you do is plug that extra cord from the amps speaker out to the attenuator then you plug the speaker into the attenuator.

Edit:

http://www.tedweber.com/atten.htm
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If you have speaker jacks on the back of your amp that connect to the speakers in your combo, then an attenuator will work. Get an attenuator, as a master volume isn't the same.

I have a Hot Plate and it's a damn good IMO, and there's a lot of people that say good things about the weber mass. I've heard good an bad arguments about both and heard of people having some scary issues with the Mass, but I've never used one.

Hot Plate will run $100 or more depending on the model though.

Also, Hot Plate rates based on impedance(ohms) and will work on anything up to 180 watts, while the Weber is rated on wattage.

Attenuators are good, but all of them will suck tone at extreme levels of attenuation.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I have a speaker output thing in the back, but i am still a little confused. I know, I'm a retard I just need some step by step sort of thing. there is a jack for an extention speaker in the back. Do I plug it into there? Then where does it go?
I'm not familiar with the back of the C30. On my amp, there's 2 speaker outs, one has a speaker cable running from it to the speakers in my amp.

Look in the back of your amp, where do the wires go from your speakers?
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Ok, I think I understand what to do. Take out the speaker. Attach the cable to the speaker output on the back and to the speaker.