hey guys. this summer im wanting to get some of my ideas out this summer with decent quality. it would probably end up being a demo, and i have some conections in my area, so if it was good enough i could get it on the radio.

keep in mind that i would be recording blues, jazz, and classic soul/RnB type songs.

i currently have a MacBook Pro, and would be using Logic Pro as my DAW and for any (very little) midi sequencing i would need. I use a little M-Audio Oxygen 8 keyboard for this.

im looking to get this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Podcastudio-Firewire?sku=240559

do you think this would be good enough sound quality? i probably wouldnt use that mic much, i would borrow (for now) a Sure SM57 for guitars. and a decent condenser for getting some nice jazz sounds out of the drums. I use an age old technique of good sounding drums, good sounding room, and 1 mic. it doesnt work for hard rock all that well, but it works for what i do.

i dont want to spend much more than $300 US at the most. Would this package work well? is there anything else that i should get instead? is there anything i will need in addition to this? any thing i should know that im overlooking?
thanks in advance guys and gals. peace.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
as a general rule, avoid anything that has the name "behringer" on it. avoid it like the black death.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by lazlow325i
as a general rule, avoid anything that has the name "behringer" on it. avoid it like the black death.

yes i realize that. however as there isnt a whole lot in what im looking at that could go wrong. I can deal with slightly noisy preamps, and i wont be using the mic. there isnt a whole lot to go wrong, unless it just doesnt work at all.

that being said, is there anything else you would reccomend?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
im hoping maybe someone can offer me some guidance now. will this work for what i want, or should i find something else. if so, what?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
its been a day, bump. i really need help with this.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
hey guys. this summer im wanting to get some of my ideas out this summer with decent quality. it would probably end up being a demo, and i have some conections in my area, so if it was good enough i could get it on the radio.

keep in mind that i would be recording blues, jazz, and classic soul/RnB type songs.

i currently have a MacBook Pro, and would be using Logic Pro as my DAW and for any (very little) midi sequencing i would need. I use a little M-Audio Oxygen 8 keyboard for this.

im looking to get this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Podcastudio-Firewire?sku=240559

do you think this would be good enough sound quality? i probably wouldnt use that mic much, i would borrow (for now) a Sure SM57 for guitars. and a decent condenser for getting some nice jazz sounds out of the drums. I use an age old technique of good sounding drums, good sounding room, and 1 mic. it doesnt work for hard rock all that well, but it works for what i do.

i dont want to spend much more than $300 US at the most. Would this package work well? is there anything else that i should get instead? is there anything i will need in addition to this? any thing i should know that im overlooking?
thanks in advance guys and gals. peace.

I would look into something like the Mackie Onyx Satellite:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mackie-Onyx-Satellite-Recording-Interface?sku=248154

I just can't see Behringer being broadcast quality nor can I see something like that being used to track drums...
It's an ok product for podcasting and some singing but I would not waste my money on it if I was in the market.

With the pack I posted you get great quality, awesome preamps, and a lot of inputs. I have a comment in my profile from one member who is very happy with this product.
Last edited by moody07747 at May 31, 2008,