I personally have an American-Series Fender Stratocaster, which is called a Fat Strat because its HSS. I use ten gage DR strings and I have a sexy pearl pickguard! Anyway, here's the question: If you could choose one guitar that is any model of Strat or tele, what would you get?

I'd like to know what you'd PERSONALLY USE. That being said, I'm not looking for responses like "well, if you play country use a tele".... etc. I'm curious about your personal preference.

P.S. I play a lot of Led Zeppelin, Oasis, Stone Roses, Jimmy Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Smashing Pumpkins, some Metallica, etc.
strat, either a legit 62 one or the RI (i love my american deluxe though)
tele, same thing actually

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Eric Johnson Strat in two-tone sunburst.

HAAAAAAAARGH.

/gasm.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
i always been a tele fan, but the versatility has been in my mind lately, despite that i would still choose a tele because of its great tone
Im also deciding between these two guitars.

I play blues/rock like cream, Stevie Ray, and some Rush and some Southern Rock

Which would be better a tele or strat?
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
A G&L ASAT (stands for A Strat And Tele). More Tele than Strat, but excellent versatility.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by whosamerica
delonge strat. dont even lie. you know its sexy.

i wish i could ban you.

i would love to have a standard american strat, i currently have a nice tele though. kind of torn here.
id choose a tele and put some single coil humbucker =D

ive never really played a fender tele played MANY MANY MANY strats but everything about the tele seems nice and the humbucker would be for heavier stuff
Strat more versatile. I love the sound of my Tom Anderson.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
The tele is more twangier, but the strat has more tonal options when it comes stock. You could always change the pickups though.

I like the strat better, cuz if you mod it, theres more pickup options (The strat can have different, where the tele only has two (except for the blackout tele).
I quite like my Telecaster, though it's just a cheap Mexican one. People often say that Tele's are more twangier, which they can be, but on the neck/middle pickups mine has just as much balls as my Strat if set up properly, plus the bridge pickup screams for lead. I find the neck very soft and smooth to play.

I'd love to play a really expensive quality Telecaster to see what they're like, but at the moment I still prefer the strat.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
at the moment im in the market for a tele style guitar so I'd say a tele

but a nice strat with hot rails in is lovely too
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Tele
Simple control, thin neck
TWANG Galore
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
i have the strat in my sig (w/lace sensors) i pretty much pieced it all together to get exactly what i wanted from it. If i were to buy new, it would be another strat. i dont care much for teles. i play a lot of blues and rock stuff and i think teles are to trebley. i would buy a kenny wayne shepherd signature strat if i could afford it
epiphone classic goldtop les paul (seymour duncan alnico 2 pickups)
fender highway one stratocaster (lace holy grail pickups)
alvarez artist acostic
epiphone les paul 100 (signed by kenny wayne shepherd)
misc. pedals
peavey classic 30 (JJ tubes)
american vintage '62 custom telecaster reissue in sunburst and double bound body. You can get all kinds of those strat tones out of a tele if you know how to use the tone control, but a strat will NEVER have the same bark and twang as a tele with that bridge pickup.
fender classic 60's reissue telecaster
2008 MIJ paisley telecaster
fender superchamp xd
1978 fender super twin reverb
roland microcube
boss ce-2 chorus(MIJ)
I love Strat's and I really want to get one of Fender's Classic 60's thing yea...
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Fender '60s Reverse Headstock Strat
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
RP250 DigiTech Effects Pedal
DigiTech Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
I currently use a Meci HSS strat, loving it. Fantastic to play! But if I could have any strat it would be a Eric Clapton Sig Strat

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

i have a tele. would die for a REAL 62 olympic white, rosewood fretboard strat.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by Formalities555
I personally have an American-Series Fender Stratocaster, which is called a Fat Strat because its HSS. I use ten gauge DR strings and I have a sexy pearl pickguard! Anyway, here's the question: If you could choose one guitar that is any model of Strat or tele, what would you get?

I'd like to know what you'd PERSONALLY USE. That being said, I'm not looking for responses like "well, if you play country use a tele".... etc. I'm curious about your personal preference.

P.S. I play a lot of Led Zeppelin, Oasis, Stone Roses, Jimmy Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Smashing Pumpkins, some Metallica, etc.

The John5 Telecaster. I have it, replaced the Enforcer with a P-Rail, had a push-pull for the series and P-90 tone, and that guitar is a beast on it's own. With the P-Rails, you can be more versatile.
I dont know what model it would fall under. But i want a Tele, in flat black, with a white pickguard, and a Bigsby on it.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Stratocasters have the whole shape thing going but honestly; the bridge pickup is so thin it's absolutely unsuitable for anything. The quack positions and neck and great however. On the Telecaster it's the opposite, the neck's a bit weak (still good and jazzy, but just not up to par with the rest) but the bridge tone is absolutely phenomenal.

Quote by gearjammer
american vintage '62 custom telecaster reissue in sunburst and double bound body. You can get all kinds of those strat tones out of a tele if you know how to use the tone control, but a strat will NEVER have the same bark and twang as a tele with that bridge pickup.

That's mine but CIJ!
stratocaster
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I might not have baan playing as long as most of these guys but I got a strat it looks goos and I'm getting pretty good sound out of it. plus it's a great beginner guitar.

Just my opinion
Red American Strat, maple neck
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨