Hai guise!

So, i recently did GCSE music, and i'm coming out with an A-B grade on it (lacking in the listening section).

I ask you, how much harder is the a-level going to be (if i decide to take it), because i've heard it can be pretty nasty

Thanks.
All A-levels are a BIG step up. I got away with about 1 days revision for GCSEs and didn't do badly.

A levels are a shock.
also did GCSE...

i'm doing the BTEC though, it looks a lot more up my street

the A level looks way too theory-based for my liking...
Quote by freddaahh
I do think it is a rather suspect sound of metal dildos and horses.
Nasty is an understatement, expect essays on the beatles and bach and the likes, theres a free compisitions then a breif one, gcse is a walk in the park compared to a level...
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
Umm... My college only allow those with Grade 5s in an instrument, and from what I've heard, it's for the best. A good friend of mine got an A* in music, has a grade 8, looking to do a diploma right now, and is borderline B/A whilst moaning and stressing it about it all the time. I saw the coursework too; it looks brutal.
Quote by Bedhead03
how good are you any grades or what. what u play and how long

I'm a grade 5 (plus, probably) drummer and an intermediate-level bassist (nothing too tricky, only started in Jan '08)

It's the knowledge i lack in I just want to know if i'd crash and burn or not....
massively harder.

I got A* in year 9, after a year long course that i didnt revise on at all and hardly got taught a thing. It was a breeze

Narrowly missed an A to get a B in A level, despite a great deal more teaching (still not a great deal of effort though :p)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Quote by Lamby-92
also did GCSE...

i'm doing the BTEC though, it looks a lot more up my street

the A level looks way too theory-based for my liking...

Ahh, yeah. The BTEC looks much more up my street, only there's two colleges i'm thinking of going to, and the more "prestigious" of the two doesn't do the BTEC.
It's quite difficult but as long as you get good marks in your performance/composition you should do well.