what are some things you guys do to help you kind of help you continuing while on stage and not choking? because i'm going to be singing soon in an acoustic project. so also what are some thing that you can do to improve your singing voice. i know to have good posture and drink a lot of water helps.. any others?

thanks guys
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Fap?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Practise and concentrate on the breathing, especially if you're singing. Take a little bit of time away from everyone else if you're nervous, there's always days when you're more nervous than others, and taking time to yourself really helps me get into the right state of mind.
Always, ALWAYS take a piss before your set.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
My bands singer has these little sweets called VocalZone, they are like tablets filled with some throat soothing liquid. He got them on our 1st demo and he's used them ever since

Edit: Oh, sorry I misunderstood the TS. If it's nerves then really all you can do is just psyche yourself up before you go out and enjoy it.
Last edited by maggot9779 at May 29, 2008,
dude, honestly, dont think about the ppl watching. play like your in your room alone. thats what i do, and ive never choked up real bad
turn on some pantera and jump around and go crazy. then go out there with all that adrenaline flowing and MELT SOME FACES!

yes....i understand it will be acoustic, but I DONT CUR!

/unforgivable reference
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Well, i know about during concert nerves. In the middle of playing you think "crap. im gonna screw up." i think about messing up and tell myself "dont do that." it's worked so far.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
not much of a singer myself or anything, but don't honey and tea (together or separate) supposedly help your voice or something?

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Just Andrew
Fap?

actually that IS a good idea.....it will calm your nerves and slow your heart rate
just remember that live music means that it wont be perfect. So just be cool, play, and have fun. if you f*** up just keep going. it doesnt matter