sup guys, i just started to play guitar a week ago.
I decided to learn the song Sweet Home Alabama by Lynard Skynard (as if you didnt know )
Well anyways, I have no problem playing the notes, but it is the transitions of the fingers that make me screw up.
So, can anybody give any advice on what I can do to make my transition in fingering better?
Thanks guys.
The way i play it is I just set my fingers up so that i don't have to move them much. Sorry if this doesn't help much but it's a little easier to teach in person.
lol its alright.
its not that part im confused on, but after the first hammer-on and pull-off part, when you go back to the main little tune.
When I started guitar, I used to use 2 fingers to play stuff like that. I also used to not play the "chord form" of the notes. What I'm saying is learn what chord those notes are part of and put your fingers in that chord and only pick the ones you want. That's about the only thing I can a suggest. Hope you understand.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Sweet Home Alabama is deceptively hard - you've got no chance of playing it after a week. The best thing you can do is put it on ice for the time being and come back to it in a few months, there's nothing to be gained from busting a gut trying to do something that's too difficult. All you're doing is wasting valuable time that could be spent learning stuff that's within your reach.

For something that's achievable and with a similar vibe try some Creedence Clearwater Revival...Bad Moon Rising is a good one to get you started.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com