Poll: Cars vs. Bikes?!
Poll Options
View poll results: Cars vs. Bikes?!
Bikes
20 36%
Cars
35 63%
Voters: 56.
I'm 17 now,that means that in Croatia(the country where I live,DUH!) it's legit for me to have A1 Category(Bikes up to 125ccm) and in a years time A(0-Infinity ccm) and B category(cars)

I've been into bikes and cars since,well...umm 7...yeah..then i shortly stopped and started being crazy about ccars and bikes at the age of ten...

So you I've been saving money so i have like 20 Grand[Kunas(HRK),the currency in Croatia] which is about 4,5 k dollars.

The first "fight" would be between

RS 125,CBR 125R and Ninja 250 vs. Opel Calibra,Golf MK3 VR6,Civic 92 Hatchback 1,6,CRX Vti(believe it's a 1,6 engine also)

But that's not the main fight here cause that's just the present status of a teenager,the main fight would be this one(it would be 'bout the time I'm going to be 25 years old,after college,after getting a job)

Suzuki GSXR 600/750/100,Yamaha R6/1,CBR 600/1000 vs. Evo(probably VII),RX7,possibly an older stang,like '76 or somethin'

My own Pros and Cons

Cars:

Pros:The sound of a V8,or Inline 6 or a high spooling Bi-turbo'd engine,that feeling when you open up the hood and work,not so many posers as on bikes,that feeling

Cons:Big,Heavy,Suck more gas,Can't move through traffic so fast(not that I'm one of those Ghost Rider wannabes nor stupid enough to risk peoples lives),homologation is a lot more expensive,you have a lot less feeling of the road

Bikes:

Pros:slick through traffic,suck less fuel,very fast,even stock,can do a lot of stuff with them(stunts etc.),you're pretty much one with the road

Cons:REALLY BAD WHEN IT RAINS,unusable during winter times,the cost of full gear(Helmet,pads,jacked,pants,boots etc.),not really practical(though i don't care that much about that)

now i wanna see your points of view...ESPECIALLY,of people who ride 'em both

BTW,I'm not a rich kid,I live in an upper-average funded family,all of the money for the vehicle i buy is saved through starving at school,par time jobs at construction sites,not buying stuff with allowance and getting jobs in crop fields(not making circles in crops,though that would be fun).So you know I really care where that money goes,and it's not okay to make a mistake and say,"oh I'll just sell it and buy a bike/car" since i don't have that luxury!
Last edited by Azrael_031 at May 29, 2008,
Some bikes are worse in rain than others, but it seems you are looking at crotch rockets so yea they wont be very good in bad weather.
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
well I didn't really mean it like that...i wouldn't do lot's of things if i think about the pure risk of it... :/

and let's say you don't have a roll cage...you can get crushed too!
Quote by Azrael_031
well I didn't really mean it like that...i wouldn't do lot's of things if i think about the pure risk of it... :/

and let's say you don't have a roll cage...you can get crushed too!

Most motorists don't pay attention to bikes so it would be alot less safe, but so much more fun.
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
idk Im a pretty big gear head but Ive never really been around bikes, but do what you want to do personally I would get a car/truck something like that but if you think a bike is better get it and post pics of whatever you get so we can see them
Wow, yall have some weird laws. We don't have limits on engine size and all that junk. I've been riding 650cc+ street bikes since I was a 14 (was legal where I lived) and dirt bikes/quads since I was 4.

That said, if you get a crotch rocket, Yamaha is the only way to go in my opinion.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

im not gonna vote

i drive a car and ride a bike theyre two completely different beasts

dont aim so high get a slightly cheaper car and you should have enough for both

yamaha r6 yeeooo not for a first bike though you WILL DIE

and rx7 rotary engine if it goes bad ££££
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.
Nah man Yamaha is only if you have higher end bikes like an r6 or an r1
get the ninja 250. i started out with a 600 though
good luck
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
you cant get laid in the back of a motorcycle.
I have no opinion on this matter.
well the gixxer seems to be the king of curves

about the laws...yeah no kiddin'...supposedly it's all because of the amount of accidents and the fact that the Croatian population is slowly getting smaller(sadly)...but IMHO,if you deny someone something for 16/18 years...that'll just make him want to ride faster/harder

@metal_bassist_1 - I'm the rare type of a let's say biker or future biker that is not and will not be fully retarder,so I plan on buying Moto GP type of gear...so yeah I'll be safer than an average biker

EDIT:@niguitars.com -I said I'd buy a 600+cc bike after my 25th birthday or so...or in other words,after about 7 years of experience...that seems like enough
you should buy a car since you are only 17 save this whole year and buy a bigger sweeter bike when you are 18
Quote by Wylde14
nah I won't go beyong 400cc's for my first bike,I know the type of person that I am,and if I get a 600+,I won't be able to get off the throttle,ending up in killing myself

This way I'll get some experiences...I've seen this 600+cc's kids...they buy a big bike go into a turn pound the throttle and spin the rear tire going SHAAAAZZAM!
i think i am since UG hates dumb VS threads like

OMG WOT DOO YA THINK,WOT IZ BETTAH,GIBSON OR FENDER??!?!

i provided rock solid facts here and let you aid me...

But if the mods have anything against,close the thread but please PM me about it...
Get a bike, they're a lot cheaper. When you're young, you need all the money you can get. For protection, quite honestly a leather jacket, jeans and a good helmet is sufficient to keep you safe. Plus bikes pwn.
nah man try coming off on an oul country road and skidding 100m on your ass in a pair of wranglers whoop
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.
nah I won't go without full gear...in Croatia quality full gear costs about mehhh...erm...3 grand($,new)..but you know being a cheap mothabeeeeep is not worth screwing up your life

my sisters friend fell of a scooter(yeah -.-' you heard me) going 70 and injured his knee so much he's an invalid now...so just imagine what can happen to you going 130(talking 'bout the 125 cc bikes)...I'm not saying that always happens,and I'm usually a guy who drives first and asks questions later,but it's really,really not worth the stupidity,not the risk,the stupidity!
well, you can get a really good bike for the price of a junk car...
Thats the only advantage of having a bike imo.

Apart from that bikes under 125cc are crappy. You'll need to go above 250cc for a more stable and a better ride. Ideally 600cc. But i dont know if you can ride a 600cc at your age in Croatia cuz here in Ireland, unless you're over 24yrs, the insurace people will rip your balls off for riding a bike over 250cc.

But one cool thing bout them in Ireland is that you won't have to pay for parking them. And in Dublin city the parking rates are ridiculously high. Dunno bout Croatia now...

Oh and the Honda Hornet 250cc is a great bike. If you wanna look into it.
And i herd Ninja's are horrible bikes to ride on everyday roads. The ride is very uncomfortable.

But if you wanna get a car there are loads of cons.
You can travel with yer mates. Ride comfortably in all weather conditions. Go on long drives. Much safer to be in then a bike. Listen to music while you drive. Less things to worry about while you're driving. Oh and can sex up your gf in the back seat.
Though the cons would be that they're more expensive. You'll have to pay to park it in the city and if you're living somewhere like in Dublin, where the rates are extremely high, it starts getting a little unpractical for everyday use.

So really depends on what you want. If you want something to chill out with yer mates and don't necessarily concerned bout the quality of the ride and like to travel long distances, go for the car.
If you just wanna have fun darting across the city and aren't really looking to travel long distances, go for the bike. Cuz you can get a really good bike for the price of a used Honda Civic.
Quote by Azrael_031
nah I won't go without full gear...in Croatia quality full gear costs about mehhh...erm...3 grand($,new)..but you know being a cheap mothabeeeeep is not worth screwing up your life

my sisters friend fell of a scooter(yeah -.-' you heard me) going 70 and injured his knee so much he's an invalid now...so just imagine what can happen to you going 130(talking 'bout the 125 cc bikes)...I'm not saying that always happens,and I'm usually a guy who drives first and asks questions later,but it's really,really not worth the stupidity,not the risk,the stupidity!

You have a point. However you should be able to get some good second hand gear. And you don't have to get top end gear, only gear good enough to keep you alive and without serous injury.
Cars- you get there faster + CD player so you listen to music
Bike- good exercise

In conclusion, cars ftw.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by talia.
Bike- good exercise

In conclusion, cars ftw.

Other way around if you're in the city. You get around much faster on a bike while you're usually most of the time stuck in traffic in a car. You can easily maneuver your bike among the cars in a grid lock.

And

Cats > Cars > Dogs
Though if the car is a Lambo, then the car comes first. Sorry cat!
Quote by talia.
Bike- good exercise

In conclusion, cars ftw.

since you mention exercise,i think you misunderstood me...we're talking about motorbikes =)
Want to vote both.

But I would say get a car, make the early driving mistakes we all do in that, then get a bike later when hopefully you can afford both.

Bikes are the best, easily.
The Bike will offer so much more adrenaline and thrill every time you go for a ride, the car is safer but you can still be safe with the bike if you become a proactive rider meaning you look out for the mistakes of other motorists, you have to see it coming and react accordingly. Protective gear; I cannot stress their importance, and don't forget the back protector as well, because some people think its not that important, hell is protects your spine if that isn't important then what the hell is?

I recommend you start with Kawasaki 250R as it is well balanced and tamed. Then as you progress go for the R6 then the one and only, the R1.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join