This amp has a solid state preamp and tube poweramp. Anyone played one of these?
How well does this amp take pedals like TubeScreamer and such. And can it be cranked with the SS preamp?
I'm stuck between this amp and a POD X3...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I demoed and didn't like it, way to muddy. I'm not experienced with overdrive pedals, but I don't believe you would want to use one on a SS amp, even one with a tube poweramp. That said, the non XL Vox is pretty nice.
whats your current amp? a pod can do miracle but not if its too ****ty :P
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
So the XL is not exactly the 'upgraded non-XL'? That quite stupid adding a tail like that. I've read around and found out that the XL has been modified for much hi-gain and apparently doesn't take pedal that well... BUT! I also found out that the 30W version of the non-XL version also has the power-level knob, this is great!

Quote by Hcmanu
whats your current amp? a pod can do miracle but not if its too ****ty :P

Line 6 Pocket POD. It's ok but I want something bigger now ;D
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

ive demoed both the ad30vt xl and the 50watt version with 2 twelve inch speakers. I liked the 50watt version more. There's much talk on this board about these amps sounding muddy, but frankly most of the reviews I've read are very positive and imo both amps sounded great. Especially the 50 watt. I'd only recommend this amp for metal and hard rock however. There are two really good clean channels, but the other 9 channels are all various types of overdrive/distortion.
I have one of these. People say it's way to muddy. But if you keep the low end between 9-11 o'clock you'll be fine. But if you're going to get an amp from the AD series get the 50 watt.
Keeping it real since '92