Atm I have a Boss Metal Zone pedal which I use up front of my Peavey Triple XXX to boost the guitar signal (gain knob set at 0, level set at max) but ive decided I want to upgrade it for a decent overdrive instead, as im sure one would do a better job than the MT2 currently is. Im just not sure which pedal to go for, im mainly torn between the MXR Zakk Wylde OD and the Maxon OD808. The Maxon looks perfect but its more expensive over here, the wylde is cheaper but is it as good? Basically id like some advice/opinions on which of these pedals would be better to go with, or maybe there is a better alternative out there? I play metal, and my desired tone is a sort of killswitch/in flames/machine head saturated sort of tone. I get that kind of tone with the MT2 but it sort of feels a little dry if that makes sense, need a pedal that will make my tone warmer and more organic sounding.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
tube screamer?
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
FullTone OCD FTW
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Quote by axis56
tube screamer?

*facepalm*
He said a Maxon OD-808 and Maxon is the original TS manufacturer.

TS- The Maxon would be a good choice. I'm selling a BYOC TS-808 which is cheaper then the Maxon and does the same job. PM me if your interested. Another option would be an EQ.

EDIT: ^Have you ever even used a Fulltone OCD?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Maxon, or for a cheaper route the Bad monkey if your not giggin

Why if im not gigging? im just looking for the best sounding pedal that isnt too expensive
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
I just ordered a Bad Monkey to play with on eBay.. They're nearly free, got mine for $21.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
If you're looking at the ZW overdrive , just buy a Boss SD-1 for $50 because they're pretty much the same thing.

Remember, it's not the gain from the OD pedal you're going to be using, it's the added output from the pedal's level dial. It will just sound tighter and clearer than it did when you were using the MT-2 to do the same thing.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
If you're looking at the ZW overdrive , just buy a Boss SD-1 for $50 because they're pretty much the same thing.

Remember, it's not the gain from the OD pedal you're going to be using, it's the added output from the pedal's level dial. It will just sound tighter and clearer than it did when you were using the MT-2 to do the same thing.

Wow the Boss pedal is really cheap compared to the rest of the overdrives, think I may have to go for it that for advice man
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by serbusfish
Wow the Boss pedal is really cheap compared to the rest of the overdrives, think I may have to go for it that for advice man

Get an Analogman Modded one. It cuts alot of your bass out when its activated if its not modded.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
So im getting a lot of mixed advice on whether to go for the SD-1 or not, some people hate it, while some love it. Is this pedal good? Can anyone else give me feedback on their experiences with this pedal?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
well if it makes a difference, Zakk Wylde doesn't even use his overdrive pedal. I think he used the SD-1..