I'm looking for a combo amp, something that has one speaker. nothing as large as a 212. I'm tired of lugging those things around. has to be tube, and have great gain on it, no weaksauce. and preferrably be able to pick up used under $500 USD.

the only amp that's really captured my interest so far is the Peavey Triple X 112 combo. but I haven't seen any for sale anyways.

so what else would you suggest?
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
u could also try the valveking
also check bugera amps i dont know if they r in their price range but its a possibility
Maybe a Randall? The tube series looks pretty good, but it might be a bit out of your range. I found one used for 450$ in my area, but I'm not sure if you'll be as lucky.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Quote by prsrulz91
u could also try the valveking
also check bugera amps i dont know if they r in their price range but its a possibility

used to own the 212 valveking combo. very "meh".
I love my Peavey XXX 112. There aren't any on the internet right now for some reason, but they usually appear commonly on ebay. Also, check out the B-52 AT-112. I think its a 60 watt 112 combo, which does sound really good. Also, the Randall RG50TC is a good 112 tube amp.
Quote by thetoastinator
Also, the Randall RG50TC is a good 112 tube amp.

yeah, I've been listening to some clips of the Randall, and really like what I've heard. aren't many online for sale at the moment. but I think that's the one I'm going to home in on. it's very mundane looking though. lol.
Quote by 2_Fast_2_Vader
yeah, I've been listening to some clips of the Randall, and really like what I've heard. aren't many online for sale at the moment. but I think that's the one I'm going to home in on. it's very mundane looking though. lol.

The Randall is a good choice. You might want an OD as well though. Who cares about looks? One of my friends covered is XXX stack in pink tape. It's ****ing metal now tho.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Didn't you have a 5150 head + 212 cab before? Mesa F-30/DC-3?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by kckyle
i seen couple 5150/6505 on ebay and craigslist for around 550 used. pretty good deal imo

They're 212 amps, the TS said 112.

I second B-52.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by thetoastinator
Also, the Randall RG50TC is a good 112 tube amp.

I have one and its great for metal. Loads of gain, I definitely recommend it if that's what you are looking for.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
^ I've heard mixed reviews on that Randall but I really like its features and it's at the top of my list for a new tube combo. Have you used it for any lower tunings and heavy sounds?
Marshall MG DFX250

100w (50 x 2 12's)

I got mine at a pawn shop for 250 bucks, but they retail for 499. Its awesome. Really good crunch and good effects also.
Guitars:
ESP KH602 (Skull and Cross Bone inlays, Floyd, EMG 81's)
Hamer Slammer W/ Floyd Rose Trem.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top

Pedals:
Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
BOSS ML-2
MXR EVH Phase 90

Amps:
Marshall MG 250 DFX
Quote by mnoel2008
Marshall MG DFX250

100w (50 x 2 12's)

I got mine at a pawn shop for 250 bucks, but they retail for 499. Its awesome. Really good crunch and good effects also.

That isn't tube though. And it's 2x12
He requested a 1x12 tube amp
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401. <-------WINNER!!! WINNER!!! WINNER!!!
1 speaker. tube amp. super high gain. super loud. great for metal.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by woodsballplayer
would you recommend the Randall RG50TC in a band/gigging situation? or should i get the head?

I say go with the head if you giggin.. 1x12 wont move as much air and atleast with the head you can match it to a nice 2x12 or 4x12 cab.
Mesa DC-5 1x12; sweet cleans (there's a sweet spot on the rhythm channel), solid distortion (from Rush and Pink Floyd to Strapping Young Lad, Death and Meshuggah), around 500 used, and have Mesa build quality, in my mind, there's no better value.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Didn't you have a 5150 head + 212 cab before? Mesa F-30/DC-3?

yeah, I downgraded. 120 watts was f'ing ridiculous for jamming in my house. plus the weight factor, etc...when just totting it to a friends house to mess around.

that's why I opted to go for a 112 tuber. the 212 combo's are heavy and still generally more wattage than needed. the 6505 & vader went fast too. I sold them online in about 4 hours. now if only I could move my Ibanez and LTD!

Quote by mnoel2008
Marshall MG DFX250.

is that a joke?