Hello.

If you speak German well, I need help. I need a letter proofread. It's a letter being sent out to families for a week stay, I was wondering if you could smooth out any glaring gramatical errors.

Thanks for any help!

Hallo
Ich heiße Jason. Ich bin sechzehn jahre alt, und ich wohne in Richfield, Minnesota, USA. Ich bin ungefehar zwei metere groß, ich habe braune auge, braune Haare und Sommersprossen. Ich habe ein Vater heißt Gary, und eine Mutter heißt Nancy. Ich habe zwei Schwestern heißt, Abby und Sarah. Beide meine Schwestern gehen im Hochschule. Ich habe ein Hund. Er ist sehr klein, und er heißt Andy.
Ich habe fur drei Jahre Deutsch studiert, und Ich bin sehr begeistert, nach Deutschland zu gehen. Ich will Deutschland erforschen, und uber Deutschland lernen. Ich finde Deutschland, und deine Kultur sehr intressant.
Ich liebe Musik. Ich spiele Trompete, Tuba, und Gitarre gern. Im meine Freizeit spiele ich Musik, und ich spiele auch Musik in der Schule. Meine lieblingsfacher sind Musik, Literatur, und Bio. Manchmal, spiele ich Football, und Frisbee, und so weiter. Ich bin Christlich, und ich gehe zum Kirche meistens zweimal in der woche.

Then how do I end it?

Thanks for any help, all.

Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Last edited by cashewchaching at May 29, 2008,
You don't need to capatilise 'ich' if it isn't at the start of a sentence.
its spelled deutsch
and isnt it augen, or is it different because of the conjugation. i'm not sure, im pretty sure it isn't because its not a verb but maybe it is.
Last edited by alecoholic at May 29, 2008,
Quote by alecoholic
its spelled deutsch

fail...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
You spelled Deutschland "Duetschland" a few times. In the first line it's "und" not "unt". "Im meine freizeit" should be "In meine Freizeit". Those are a few things I saw. To end, just do a regular goodbye I think, "tschüs" or "Hab dich ein gute Tag."
Just capitalise it and stick it in English. Everyone understands.

Oh, and it's 'eine' Mutter unless she has a penis or facial hair.

And you say 'auch' too much.

And capitalise 'schwestern' where it's not.
Last edited by mulletman500 at May 29, 2008,
Quote by alecoholic
Deutsch
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deutsch is the German language word for German

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsch

Fail...

no, I'm saying that was a fail on my part. I'm rather ashamed that I haven't corrected that, and I've spelled it that way quite often...

Also, how do you say, "I work hard"?

I am by no means a german expert, although my final german exam is on wednesday. Ive dont my bit to try and improve it but i think a proper german person would be better going through it.

Quote by cashewchaching
Hello.

If you speak German well, I need help. I need a letter proofread. It's a letter being sent out to families for a week stay, I was wondering if you could smooth out any glaring gramatical errors.

Thanks for any help!

Hallo
Ich heiße Jason. Ich bin sechzehn jahre alt, und Ich wohne in Richfield, Minnesota, USA. Ich bin ungefeharQuite sure this should be 'ungefähr' zwei metere groß, Ich habe braune augecapital A in auge, braune Haare und Sommersprossen. Ich habe ein Vater heißt Gary, und eine Mutter heißt Nancy. Ich habe zwei Schwestern heißt, Abby und Sarah Ich habe zwei Schwestern, die Abby und Sarah heißt - i believe this is more correct. Not 100% though. Beide meine Schwestern gehen im Hochschule not sure if you could use gehen here... but again not 100%. Ich habe ein Hunder If you're trying to say dog, its masculine which is einen Hund i think. Er ist sehr klein, und er heißt Andy.
Ich habe furyou need to use 'seit' instead of fur if you are still studying german in school drei Jahre Deutsch studiert, und Ich bin sehr begeistert, nach Deutschland zu gehen. Ich will Deutschland erforschen, und uber Deutschland lernen. Ich finde Deutschland, und deine Kultur sehr intressant.
Ich liebe Musik. Ich spiele Trompete, Tuba, und Gitarre gern. Im meine Freizeit spiele ich Musik, und Ich spiele auch Musik in der Schule. Nach musik, meine lieblingsfacher sind Literatur, und BioNot sure if you can use 'nach' in this sense. Manchmal, spiele Ich Football, und Frisbee, und so weiter. Ich bin Christlich, und Ich gehe zum Kirche meistens zweimal in der woche.

Then how do i end it?

Thanks for any help, all.

Im also not sure if you need to capitialize the 'i' in 'ich' when its not the first letter in a sentance.
are u in german 1?
Founder of the Mike.h murder case group
Mike.h murder case
This day will go down in Lulzfamy.

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.
Quote by ir0n_ma1den
are u in german 1?

sadly, 2. I'm ashamed, but i've always spelled Deutschland like that. I dunno why i've missed that. And i think in trying to not be simple with wordings, I've been making (sometimes simple) mistakes.

Quote by cashewchaching
Also, how do you say, "I work hard"?

Ich bin fleißig.
Quote by cashewchaching
sadly, 2. I'm ashamed, but i've always spelled Deutschland like that. I dunno why i've missed that. And i think in trying to not be simple with wordings, I've been making (sometimes simple) mistakes.

Oh, I wasn't talking about your spelling.

Your use of tenses, intro, and vocab is german 1-ish. Thats all. I be finishing up German 3 and going onto 4.
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.
Quote by ir0n_ma1den

Your use of tenses, intro, and vocab is german 1-ish. Thats all. I be finishing up German 3 and going onto 4.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's like "Hallo, ich spiele Basketball!" lol.
Quote by ttreat31
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's like "Hallo, ich spiele Basketball!" lol.

^ Haha thats exactly what I mean. In fact, I just took a PALS (its a writing prompt test) and I only say my name and then go on with the subject. I remember when I was in German 1 my 1st three sentences on everything went like this this:

Hallo, Ich bin Alex und ich bin sechzehn Jahre alt. Ich wohne in Centreville. Ich spiele karten und fussball. Es is prima. Ich finde das.....

you get the point
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
Quote by ir0n_ma1den

Because the other stuff we've learned has all pertained to random stuff like recycling, or saying how I broke my arm, or how to by stuff at the Apotheke or whatnot. It's really random and inapplicable, some of the stuff we learn.

ya I know what you mean. We just finished up a vocab chapter on die umwelt (enviroment). Actually that one is pretty useful, but we've had some stupid vocab lists too.
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
Hallo
Ich heiße Jason. Ich bin sechzehn Jahre [capital "J"] alt, und ich wohne in Richfield, Minnesota, USA. Ich bin ungefähr [misspelled] zwei meter [-e] groß, ich habe braune Augen [capital "A" pl. instead of sing.], braune Haare und Sommersprossen. Ich habe ein Vater der Gary heißt , und eine Mutter die Nancy heißt. Ich habe zwei Schwestern die Abby und Sarah heißen. Sie gehen beide zur [you can say "zur" or "in die". "zur" is more spoken language] Hochschule ["Hochschule" is a very uncommon word and means college. if you mean high school, you can leave it cause Highschool exists as a word in germany] . Ich habe ein Hund. Er ist sehr klein, und er heißt Andy.
Ich habe für drei Jahre Deutsch studiert ["für" is 100% correct no need to change], und Ich bin sehr begeistert, nach Deutschland zu gehen. Ich will Deutschland erforschen, und über Deutschland lernen. Ich finde Deutschland, und seine [unless "Deutschland" is the name of the person you write this letter to, you need to use 3rd person] Kultur sehr intressant.
Ich liebe Musik. Ich spiele gerne Trompete, Tuba, und Gitarre. In meiner Freizeit spiele ich Musik, und ich spiele auch Musik in der Schule. Meine Lieblingsfacher sind Musik, Literatur, und Bio. [some guy said you can't use "nach" to say music is your favorite, but it's possible] Manchmal, spiele ich Football, und Frisbee, und so weiter ["und so weiter" is more of spoken language but possible]. Ich bin Christlich, und ich gehe zur Kirche meistens zweimal in der woche.

you made some minor grammar mistakes, but nothing to bad. Now to your problem with "heißen": In englisch you say someon is called, but you can't translate the word order this way. because in subordinate clauses you need an article in front of the name and the verb goes to the end of the sentence.

Oh and one last thing: you said "Ich habe für drei Jahre Deutsch studiert". "studieren" is what you do at a college. you could say "gehabt" instead
Last edited by Death|Unlimited at Jun 2, 2008,