how would i hook one computer up to another using a usb chord? or can i not? i tried just putting it in both USB jacks but nothing happens...?

EDIT: i just want to swap music from the first computer to the next.
Check out my music, if you please.
Are both computers on?
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Riddler
Are both computers on?

I don't think he's THAT stupid...

There's this thing called "Windows Transfer" or something. Tell me if you're on XP and I'll try to figure out how this works.
I lol'd

The USB cord you're using is meant as an extension cord. You can't link computers with them. They're not like gameboys!
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Freddedonna

There's this thing called "Windows Transfer" or something. Tell me if you're on XP and I'll try to figure out how this works.

You might need an ethernet cable I think.
Open both computers up, and hook one hard drive into the other computer's power supply and motherboard.

That's how I got all my music onto this computer. But that only works if you have enough connections.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Freddedonna

oh thanks

Quote by Freddedonna

well one is xp, the other is vista.
Check out my music, if you please.
Ok. Simple solutions:

- Get an external harddisk or a small USB memory stick.
- Find a router and hook both of your computers into it to create a network, then share your music folders on both computers, then find "My Network Places" on your start menu, work your way from there to the other computer's folders and copy-paste.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by metaldud536
You might need an ethernet cable I think.

You can with some USB cables (http://www.usbfiletransfer.com/), I know the standard one won't work.

Quote by GuitaristXakk
well one is xp, the other is vista.

Then I don't think you'll be able to run the wizards to transfer files. Your best bet is to get a USB key (or even better, a USB disk: I seriously couldn't live without mine). Be sure to get a nice one though because cheap ones have a bad habbit of corrupting files.
it's not as hard as that^

just grab an ethernet cable, connect the ethernet ports in the back of the computers, and put your music in your "shared" folder. Then you can move the files out of the shared folder onto your hard drive
Quote by slider01
it's not as hard as that^

just grab an ethernet cable, connect the ethernet ports in the back of the computers, and put your music in your "shared" folder. Then you can move the files out of the shared folder onto your hard drive

This doesn't work with all ethernet cables. They need to have crossed wires for this to work, and if you're allready using it to plug into your router, you're fucked.
Quote by Freddedonna
This doesn't work with all ethernet cables. They need to have crossed wires for this to work, and if you're allready using it to plug into your router, you're fucked.

Oh, ok. All the cables I've used have worked, even the low-quality cable I got packed in with my surge protector. If TS has an extra one laying around, he should at least give it a try.
Get a network connection set-up and turn on file-share. Then just go back and forth over the network connection in your house.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
yeah, ethernet cable, but it needs to be a crossover one if you want computer directly to comp