Are they worth it? If so, would be it alright to just get a cheap one to practice with an acoustic guitar and piano.
I guess so.

They'd probably be best for bluegrass, but yeah to practice with an acoustic guitar and piano.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
you can't slap on them.
but there is something to be said about the portability...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
you can't slap on them.
but there is something to be said about the portability...

I would miss the slapping but, the portability would definitely make up for it. I was just iffy on whether or not an acoustic would get drowned out when playing with others.
If I were you I'd just play with an electric bass and a small amp, since most acoustic basses are just not loud enough to be heard with an acoustic guitar and a piano (unless you play very hard with a pick).

Unless you're talking about a double bass, then I'd say, go for it.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
You cant slap on them? Ever Check my youtube? Also Acoustic Bass is a novelty really its really nice to have, I just wouldnt use it as a main bass, just as a show piece really, that has functionality. I did a BOTM for January 08' check it out.
Are they worth it? Yes, some of the top of the line, $1000+ instruments are fantastic pieces. The Tacoma Thundercheif and the non-thin body Martin (there's only 2) are great.

Anything less isn't really worth it and will totally get drowned out with a piano.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..