Hey dudes, after getting everything I wanted sold on eBay I have around $1500, I'll say take away about $900-1000 for a new guitar since I sold mine and I'll have around $500 for effects I've wanted.

I really don't need anything, I just want stuff to play with and to get more tones then my amp already gets. I could get a Boss GT10 multi effects unit or buy separate analog pedals. Whats the pros and cons of them ?

And just a list of stuff I've wanted; a wah, eq, tubescreamer, tremolo, whammy, just stuff to get cool sounds with and have fun while jamming.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Well it really depends what quality you want.

If you get the multi-FX, you'll get a crapload more effects for the price as well as amp modelling which can be cool.

On the other hand, analog effects have a much nicer sound, and you can pick and choose specific effects you'd like.
Well, it depends on what exactly you wanna do with your sound. If you wanna experiment around and have versatility go for a multieffects. If you prefer to keep a more simple and constant sound then seperate effects might work better. Also, not all individual pedals are analog, nor the fact that an effect is analog make it better than a digital one. Actually, some analog pedals lower the signal in your chain and make your sound a bit thinner and quieter. Plus, i'd personally choose a digital delay over an analog one any day.

Anyway... if you go multi i suggest looking into the Boss GT-10, a higher-end Digitech one, or the Line 6 PODX3 Live. I own the x3 live and love it. Compared to the GT-8 (which i've used for practice and recording since a friend owed one), the podx3 live is waaaay easier to use and allows you to manipulate your sound more and even allows you to do editing through a computer. This function is great because u don't have to reach down for your processor and press buttons and it also gives full visualizations of what it is that you're doing. Also, u can update it often and download effects/tones through line 6's free services. The only thing i prefer in the Boss multieffect was that it had a sitar and an acoustic simulator.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at May 29, 2008,
hmm...
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by Khann
Well it really depends what quality you want.

If you get the multi-FX, you'll get a crapload more effects for the price as well as amp modelling which can be cool.

On the other hand, analog effects have a much nicer sound, and you can pick and choose specific effects you'd like.

The GT series effects are of fantastic quality. Most of the effects are far more customizable and better sounding than single pedals. Analog effects are not inherently better (You couldn't pay me enough to use an analog delay)
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
The GT series effects are of fantastic quality. Most of the effects are far more customizable and better sounding than single pedals. Analog effects are not inherently better (You couldn't pay me enough to use an analog delay)

Well.. I have a Mesa Boogie Roadster and I want to have the best tone possible, I work and spend all the money I get on guitar related things ;\.

Quote by tr3nt
Well.. I have a Mesa Boogie Roadster and I want to have the best tone possible, I work and spend all the money I get on guitar related things ;\.

Well it depends. What sounds do you want to use?
I have no experience with any type of effects, and I'm a huge gas bill away from guitar center .

i definitely want to buy the digitech whammy pedal once i get a decimator and an eq pedal.
i think a whammy would be fun to experiment with.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab