I just finished setting up my strat to fender's specs... .010" relief and 4/64" height at the 17th fret.

I used a straight edge and a flashlight to find any unlevel frets... and low and behold my 17/18 fret is a hair low causing buzz

is there anything i can do about it or do i have to replace that one fret?
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR
I'd personally rather replace the fret than file them ALL to the same height.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
I'd personally rather replace the fret than file them ALL to the same height.

then you have no idea how much work replacing one fret is.
any idea what the cost is to have the frets leveled/crowned/polished?
What I play:
'08 Strat HSH
Boss Micro-BR
Never had to pay anybody to do it. I do that work myself. And yea doing one fret is a pain. And the frets will still need to be leveled. Its not like a grinder is used to level frets. I use a radius block and really fine, 800 to 1500 grit, sandpaper. Use a magic marker to on top of the frets to show when you getting them all. When the paper takes the ink off every fret its time to polish.
Quote by boostdemon
any idea what the cost is to have the frets leveled/crowned/polished?

I paid @ $90 at a local shop to level/polish all the frets on an Epi acoustic
oh thats not so bad i guess... wonder if it would be worth it to just buy a better neck though.

Thanks for the input guys
What I play:
'08 Strat HSH
Boss Micro-BR
Not really a new neck would probably need the frets lightly leveled to. Its a step most companies dont take when building things. They just press the frets in and put it in a box. If its 90 bucks to get a level job done at a shop how much money is epi etc saving by not doing it. If you buy a 90 dollar aftermarket neck for a fender think they are going to do this work.