Ok, since I don't wanna dish out the 2200 to buy a JEM, and I want something better than an RG, but also something completely custom made just for me, I've decided to go with a Carvin. I want a fast neck like on JEMs and RGs, and I've been looking on musiciansfriend and Ibanez.com, and I can't find the neck radius of the JEM. When you order your Carvin, you can choose 10, 12, or 14 inch radii. I'm gonna put a floyd on it and all that. I heard the action on Carvins is amazing.

Also, for anyone who has experience with Carvins, are the fingerboards totally flat, like on an Ibanez, or are they slightly rounded, like on a strat? And, how are the pickups?

Thanks, guys.

Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by calebrocker
Ok, since I don't wanna dish out the 2200 to buy a JEM, and I want something better than an RG, but also something completely custom made just for me, I've decided to go with a Carvin. I want a fast neck like on JEMs and RGs, and I've been looking on musiciansfriend and Ibanez.com, and I can't find the neck radius of the JEM. When you order your Carvin, you can choose 10, 12, or 14 inch radii. I'm gonna put a floyd on it and all that. I heard the action on Carvins is amazing.

Also, for anyone who has experience with Carvins, are the fingerboards totally flat, like on an Ibanez, or are they slightly rounded, like on a strat? And, how are the pickups?

Thanks, guys.

The "neck radii" that you listed are actually fretboard radii, aka how flat/rounded it is.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ok..so a 14 would be the flattest, 12 would be medium, and 10 would be rounded?
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by calebrocker
ok..so a 14 would be the flattest, 12 would be medium, and 10 would be rounded?

Yep...