Hi guys! First of all a very cool community you have here. Even from a drummers POV!
I am a semi professional musician (I teach and do session work for bands, live and studio work) and it hurts my eyes to read the kind of stuff like in the Un-necessarily brutal flaming thread. In the music industry, industry professionals from time to time no doubt come across this kind of image. It is the same with how a lot of guys dress and act in 'real life' as well, baggy camo pants, band shirt with holes in it, maybe not so clean shaven... how do you expect to be taken seriously? It is a real shame to see this kind of stuff when the metal artists and I am sure yourselves, want to see this genre taken seriously and RESPECTED!! For so long metal has been a 'taboo' or evil kind of thing, we all know it isnt. Wouldn't it be great if everyone could pick up their act and start getting this genre taken seriously? Fans and bands alike! I hope I am making some sense here, but from a musicians point of view it's frustrating to still see this kind of craziness going on, we should be supporting one another, and if you don't like something, big deal, keep walking. Whether it is metalcore or whatever core to black metal, whatever. To the non metal listener they probably think it is the same.It would be nice if the musicians and bands alike could be respected in a mainstream fashion.
Phew, end rant
Dan.
People take this genre very seriously.

Except for the 10 year olds who call Avenged Sevenfold "Death Metal"

They just flat out suck.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Yeah, I myself am a musician, and I know of what you speak. Some musicians are quite idiotic, but some are quite intelligible about the music scene.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
it's nice to meet you, and i'm gonna try and not act like an asshole as i say this, but...

isn't making a part 2 of a blatantly against the rules thread that has been done a dozen times a relatively bad idea?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Welcome to the forums! Your drumming work is extremely impressive and Ne Obliviscaris is well-appreciated here. And I agree with the points you make whole-heartedly.

BUT, to be honest, I would make this into a blog entry or something along those lines and link to it in the referenced thread, as we normally look down upon rant/statement threads in the metal forum. No matter how well-written or right, we can't say only some people have the right to make such rants/statements.

Hi mate, nice to meet you too.
I'm bringing up awareness of a certain topic, not trying to start a world war. Please post constructively.
Slaytanic; have you had to deal with industry people, other musicians from other genres (in a professional environment) or media? That is where I am talking about the whole misconception and idea around metal. People think we're so lazy and immature......
Wait, so what you're saying is that we should stop dressing a certain way so that other fans of other genres take us seriously? Man, I dress like this anyways, and if the fans of the other genre's don't like pepole because of thier clothes, then why should anybody care?
I am not saying that, I think I should have re worded it!
It is a much bigger picture than the way you dress. Whether we like it or not, the people who control the flow of music to the population would look on the way people dress (more so musicians than fans...) and judge it.
How do your parents and friends view metal??