right now i have a esp h-100 and a voxad50vt. my favorite bands are august burns red and veil of maya. they're metalcore i guess. those are the kind of sounds im going for. im in a posthardcore band kind of like 30 seconds to mars and red. im gonna keep my guitar but what kind of amp would be good for playing metalcore and posthardcore? it should be big enough to do small/medium size gigs and around 500-600$.
i went to a music store today and tested out a 5150 cab they had. it was beat up pretty bad but was selling for like 280. it had a valve king head for about 500. i used a esp h-51 they had there because it's close to the guitar i have. you think thats a good deal? it didnt really sound that good i didnt think. maybe i should try a different combo?
Quote by SoldierAnt
i went to a music store today and tested out a 5150 cab they had. it was beat up pretty bad but was selling for like 280. it had a valve king head for about 500. i used a esp h-51 they had there because it's close to the guitar i have. you think thats a good deal? it didnt really sound that good i didnt think. maybe i should try a different combo?

Try picking up a used 5150/6505 combo. That would be better then a VK. One of the guitarists in ABR uses a 5150.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by SoldierAnt
is a 5150/6505 combo meaning a 5150 head or a 5150 cab?

He means a combo aka amp and speaker built as one package.

And the 5150 cabs are pretty bad you need to throw the VK on something a bit better.

Also i second the motion for a used 5150 but i prefer the head not the combo..