I'm looking for a low wattage combo amp below 150 Watts. I don't play in a band or anything and I simply want quality tone without it being ridiculously loud seeing as how I live in apartments. It will be used in a small gig setting (casually playing with other musician friends). I have a few ideas that I found casually looking through reviews. Would greatly appreciate some feedback on these I picked and any others I'm sure I missed. (I don't have a desired tone in mind, I'm simply a 6 month beginner upgrading out of his starter amp and don't really have his own tone set yet). Oh and I don't desire any effects. Simply want EQ adjustment. If it's an add on to a good amp it could be considered.

Line 6 LowDown Studio 110
Warwick Blue Cab 60
Peavey MAX 115
Quote by Kooldac
I'm looking for a low wattage combo amp below 150 Watts. I don't play in a band or anything and I simply want quality tone without it being ridiculously loud seeing as how I live in apartments. It will be used in a small gig setting (casually playing with other musician friends). I have a few ideas that I found casually looking through reviews. Would greatly appreciate some feedback on these I picked and any others I'm sure I missed. (I don't have a desired tone in mind, I'm simply a 6 month beginner upgrading out of his starter amp and don't really have his own tone set yet). Oh and I don't desire any effects. Simply want EQ adjustment. If it's an add on to a good amp it could be considered.

Line 6 LowDown Studio 110
Warwick Blue Cab 60
Peavey MAX 115

Which one? I would say you may as well get 150 watts, a volume knob is there for a reason.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Which one?

I thought I was clear but maybe not. Small gig setting. Not actually doing a gig but I do play very casually with a couple friends of mine for no one but ourselves in our living rooms. Just trying to give a back story to help.
OH sorry for confusion.

So even if you are just going to be JAMMING with a drummer and a couple guitarists, 150 watts is the way to go. At least. If that's not what you're talking about, then I personally would go with the Warwick. But try some practice amps out.
The 'Wick and Peavey are solid amps. The Line 6 is very iffy. When I tried the LD 300 version and the 150 (?) version, I wasn't overly impressed with the effects or clean sound. Both sounded quite "transparent"

Wanna... Give a price range maybe?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by AboveTheBridge
The 'Wick and Peavey are solid amps. The Line 6 is very iffy. When I tried the LD 300 version and the 150 (?) version, I wasn't overly impressed with the effects or clean sound. Both sounded quite "transparent"

Wanna... Give a price range maybe?

Thanks, that's the advise I was hoping for here. Price range is pretty minimal. Maybe up to 400?
I will not play with a drummer with less than 300W. Had a gig on Friday. Played out my Carvin half-stack at 300W. Had to turn the volume to 11 o'clock to hear it the way I like it.

But if you're just jamming along with buddies for fun, and you want a neat, quirky, cute sounding amp, look for a Fender Musicmaster! It's a tube amp with - get this - a passive tone control. One knob. Like on a Jazz or Precision. Whacky.

Yeah, I usually crucify small animals when I hear about amps like that, but that one is so... against everything I stand for that it kinda earned a soft-spot with me. I guess I hate amps that half-ass it, not amps that don't ass it at all.

But really, high-quality, low power bass amps are over and done with. Now, it's either you get your stack and turn it down, or you buy a practice amp. Practice amps are essential but IMO they're ALL toys.

But, that said, $400 won't give you high quality ANYTHING. You'll get some decent stuff, but nothing near the level of high-quality low-power guitar amps.

The only thing I'd consider quality that I can think of off-hand is the Fender BDEC, but it's quality has little to do with the amplification and much to do with the tools available.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
what kind of amp do you have now? What Wattage?
Guitars: Ibanez RG Series Jewel blue.
Fender Stratocaster Brown Sunburst Maple fretboard.

Amps:
Marshall 15W
Peavy 15W
crate
Crate Head

Wish list.
Future Guitar: Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS Electric Guitar.
It's been stated that your not gonna get anything magnificent at this price range, but if you want to upgrade and you feel the need to upgrade then do it. IMO, you should wait till you can spend $500 comfortably, right now I'm guessing your iffy to push the $400 barrier. It'll expand the amount of amps available to you, and you'll like them a lot more I'm guessing. But you know what's best for you, so whatevz

Anyways, look into...

Fender Rumble 2x10 100W and Fender Rumble 100

Some friends of mine have liked the Ampeg BA115, but I'm not big on the lower end Ampegs. Worth checking out though.

If it's down to the three your looking at, I'd say go for the Peavey.

Hope that helps,
- AboveTheBridge (ATB)
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE