Page 1 of 2
As a college student, I am exposed to an abundance of self indulgence, i.e. people consuming drugs and alcohol without regard for the consequences. I am by no means an anti-drug advocate, as I do enjoy the occasional joint or alcoholic beverage, but I think such actions take away from the experience of life when done in a self indulgent manner. What is UG's opinion on this matter?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i dont have a problem with alcohol or (harmless) drugs, as long as its in moderation
It's completely fine until it starts messing with your real life. Going to school/work high or drunk, etc. Other than that, have a blast!
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Well if you knew anything you'd know the reasoning portion of the brain will be forming into your mid 20's, so either yours has grown faster or you are just a self righteous prick. I did cocaine a few times and got addicted and then I stopped, damn, look at those consequences. Have a little self control and this **** wouldn't get a bad rep then you wouldn't get self righteous people complaining about how OTHER people live their lives, kinda reminds me of a group of people (Republicans/Conservatives). Let me ask you something else, threadstarter: do you hate people who are gay as well?
Quote by d. b. cooper
It's completely fine until it starts messing with your real life. Going to school/work high or drunk, etc. Other than that, have a blast!

A lot of people do that though. They go to school high all of the time.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
everyone's going to come up with pretty much the same answer.

The alcohol and less addictive/harmful drugs are okay as long as they don't run your life
Mindless Self Indulgence sucks.

Magicedit:

Quote by walk the land
Well if you knew anything you'd know the reasoning portion of the brain will be forming into your mid 20's, so either yours has grown faster or you are just a self righteous prick. I did cocaine a few times and got addicted and then I stopped, damn, look at those consequences. Have a little self control and this **** wouldn't get a bad rep then you wouldn't get self righteous people complaining about how OTHER people live their lives, kinda reminds me of a group of people (Republicans/Conservatives). Let me ask you something else, threadstarter: do you hate people who are gay as well?

Also, that didn't make any sense. And, stop.
Quote by darkstar2466
A lot of people do that though. They go to school high all of the time.

Well, I don't think thats a good idea. You're in school to learn, and to have fun. But what you do on the weekends shouldn't really get in the way of classes. Going to school high ehhhh I don't think I would ever do it. Seems like a waste of drugs to me.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
theres nothing wrong w/ a massive crack binge every once n a while O_O....or always....
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
i dont drink or smoke, just cause thats my choice. theres no problem with drinking every so often(i dont btw), but in the long term, it messes you up. cigerettes make you smell bad and weed just makes you stupid. but other drugs are kinda od....
and for the messing with your real life, its kinda sad when there are freshman in high school dropping out because of alchohal or drugs. thats when you know theres a problem though.
i cant think of a good sig....
Quote by walk the land

where's the pear when you need it...
Quote by walk the land

Dude ok get the stick out of your ass or GTFO, I've only seen you in two threads in here and you've done nothing but be a royal asshole to everybody.
Quote by walk the land
Well if you knew anything you'd know the reasoning portion of the brain will be forming into your mid 20's

Very strong point. Everyone knows you are implanted with this information at birth, and if you are not then you can learn nothing else until you have acquired this knowledge.
Also, it is completely relevant to the point TS is trying to make.
Quote by walk the land
so either yours has grown faster or you are just a self righteous prick.

Nice deductions.

Quote by walk the land
I did cocaine a few times and got addicted and then I stopped, damn, look at those consequences.

Good, idiot. You are saying you got addicted in one line then in the next telling others to
Quote by walk the land
Have a little self control
in the next. You need to learn how to create a valid point among your incoherent ramblings.
Drugs and alcohol are both positives to the Earth because they enforce the laws of survival of the fittest. When a man who is on crack dies, the world becomes a better place in spirit (Due to the death of negative spirits in a crack fiend), but not in appearance because then you have a dead man lying on the street somewhere.
screw alcohol, screw drugs! they aren't good for you...
/straightedge behavior.
if other people wanna do it then fine. but i won't.
Quote by GerGuam
Very strong point. Everyone knows you are implanted with this information at birth, and if you are not then you can learn nothing else until you have acquired this knowledge.
Also, it is completely relevant to the point TS is trying to make.

Nice deductions.

Good, idiot. You are saying you got addicted in one line then in the next telling others to
in the next. You need to learn how to create a valid point among your incoherent ramblings.

I have self control, I put the powder into a line and crushed up the small rocks and then snorted it up with a small piece of a straw. I controlled my body while I did this, proving I have self control. It's really just another thing to write home about. My life story will kick the **** out of yours, and that's a 100% guarantee.
Quote by walk the land
Drugs and alcohol are both positives to the Earth because they enforce the laws of survival of the fittest. When a man who is on crack dies, the world becomes a better place in spirit (Due to the death of negative spirits in a crack fiend), but not in appearance because then you have a dead man lying on the street somewhere.

So by your own logic if you had died while addicted to coke the world would be a better place? Let's try and think before we rant incoherently.
Quote by walk the land

orly? did u learn that on "doug"? did he write it in his journal? :\
You're pretty

ty
i do love experimenting with drugs. but i keep it as a hobby, not a lifestyle. i have plenty of other hobbies that i keep up (sports, exercise, guitar, etc.). i think a little bit of experimenting can actually help develop yourself in many ways, as long as you are doing it for the "right" reasons (i.e. not to get "****ED UP HXC!"). however, when you get to the point that you find being sober boring, and you spend the vast majority of your free time under the influence, that gets excessive and harmful. not necessarily in a matter of physical health, but more as a matter of developing yourself, staying in control, and being who you want to be.

still, i think there are far more detrimental things you could be doing with your life. WoW for one.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by zeppelin4evr41
So by your own logic if you had died while addicted to coke the world would be a better place? Let's try and think before we rant incoherently.

If I were stupid to do the lethal amount, then yes, because the world would be rid of one more idiot. Since I am still here I was not eliminated due to lack of intelligence.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Lots of people stupidly indulge in instant gratification without regard to long term effects.

Who am I to tell them how to live?

-SD

I like this guy.
Quote by walk the land
I have self control, I put the powder into a line and crushed up the small rocks and then snorted it up with a small piece of a straw. I controlled my body while I did this, proving I have self control.

You must have destroyed some brain cells at some point in your amazing life, because this is one of the most retarded things I have ever read. I guess to you losing "self control" would be becoming paralyzed... You stated that you were addicted. Does any more need to be said on the matter?
Quote by walk the land
It's really just another thing to write home about. My life story will kick the **** out of yours, and that's a 100% guarantee.

Interesting point, I will consider it while trying to decode any feeble arguments that may be hidden in the rest of your posts. But I fear you are just an ape pulling together random sentences you have read in other places...
You've gotta have moderation in life. That's why I only get drunk on days that end in Y.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Drugs can be a great tool if used correctly. Mushrooms, acid, etc can be very mind opening experience. Sometimes after a long stressful week of work a drug can be like a cheap vacation to another world to relax. To bad come Monday you have to worry if you have been randomly selected for drug test... seriously it is retarded that you can go to a bar and get drunk but can't smoke a joint in your own home.
Quote by GerGuam
You must have destroyed some brain cells at some point in your amazing life, because this is one of the most retarded things I have ever read. I guess to you losing "self control" would be becoming paralyzed... You stated that you were addicted. Does any more need to be said on the matter?

Interesting point, I will consider it while trying to decode any feeble arguments that may be hidden in the rest of your posts. But I fear you are just an ape pulling together random sentences you have read in other places...

Excuse me your honor, but I did coke twice and got addicted, there was no lack of self control. You only fear what you do not understand, this is much bigger than you and I.
Quote by walk the land
Excuse me your honor, but I did coke twice and got addicted, there was no lack of self control. You only fear what you do not understand, this is much bigger than you and I.

Excuse me but I must say
lolwut?
Quote by walk the land
I got addicted, there was no lack of self control.

Through a little bit of editing we can see your true genius. Amazing.

Quote by walk the land
You only fear what you do not understand, this is much bigger than you and I.

My "ape pulling together random sentences" theory seems to be gaining evidence. Please continue.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Lots of people stupidly indulge in instant gratification without regard to long term effects.

Who am I to tell them how to live?

-SD

Yep. I am not telling anyone how to live either. I am just narrating observations I have made.

Quote by walk the land
Well if you knew anything you'd know the reasoning portion of the brain will be forming into your mid 20's, so either yours has grown faster or you are just a self righteous prick.

Yes, I enjoy reading articles regarding neuroscience and am well aware that mylein sheaths, now found to be important for differentiating a "smarter" brain, are laid until the mid to late 20s.

Why would you consider my inquisition douchebaggery?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by walk the land

Quote by walk the land
I did coke twice and got addicted, there was no lack of self control.

Quote by walk the land
got addicted, there was no lack of self control.

Quote by walk the land
addicted

Quote by walk the land
self control

syntax error.
does not compute.
Hate to break it to you buddy...

But getting drunk and experimenting with drugs has little to no "consequences" if you know what you're doing and don't get addicted like a ****head.

EDIT: Up to the point of drugs such as cocaine and heroin, the above is true.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by walk the land

1. addiction=absence of self control...
2. LOL WUT?
3. how old r u?
4. just give up and delete all of your previous posts...they are just a waste of time and are clearly rants that you read somewhere else and decided to post here to seem smart...but it backfired
You're pretty

ty
i've never been drunk, and i got stoned one time. i didn't enjoy it at all, so i don't intend on drinking or smoking again.
Page 1 of 2