I have a problem.

I've always known my guitar (Ibanez arc300) has had a little bit of relief, so today I finally got around to adjusting the truss rod and it wont budge. This is the first time I've tried to adjust a truss rod so I don't know what to expect.

What I want to know is if there is any way to fix it, whether this is normal (which I don't think it is), or if anyone else has had this problem with this guitar.
try pushing really hard both ways...seriously no sarcasm some times its hard to get it started
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by EnyoAdonai
I have a problem.

I've always known my guitar (Ibanez arc300) has had a little bit of relief, so today I finally got around to adjusting the truss rod and it wont budge. This is the first time I've tried to adjust a truss rod so I don't know what to expect.

What I want to know is if there is any way to fix it, whether this is normal (which I don't think it is), or if anyone else has had this problem with this guitar.

Its probally just tight and the seal needs to be broken so to speak. First try to tighten it then loosen it. If that doesnt work a steady hand with a mallet and a ever so lightly tap on the allen wrench should break it loose. But honestly if you get to that point and have never done it before you might want to take in to a tech.
Quote by albinokrikit
try pushing really hard both ways...seriously no sarcasm some times its hard to get it started

alright, I will try that. I was told to be gentle by an article about guitar setup though and to let a local music shop do it I can't. Would you recommend that I do it myself or pay someone to?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its probally just tight and the seal needs to be broken so to speak. First try to tighten it then loosen it. If that doesnt work a steady hand with a mallet and a ever so lightly tap on the allen wrench should break it loose. But honestly if you get to that point and have never done it before you might want to take in to a tech.

Thanks for the advice, I think taking it to a tech is my safest option
Take it to a guitar tech and ask him/her how to do it properly.
Quote by EnyoAdonai
alright, I will try that. I was told to be gentle by an article about guitar setup though and to let a local music shop do it I can't. Would you recommend that I do it myself or pay someone to?

Try it yourself, just adjust in small increments until you get the hang of how sensitive/ not it is.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by pwrmax
Take it to a guitar tech and ask him/her how to do it properly.

Thanks. I'll do that I think. I would have to bash myself a thousand times with a hammer if I broke my baby.
never force a turn, but sometimes a turn in the opposite direction gets it going.

also, if you were trying to straighten the neck and had too much string tension, that could also make the turn harder.

so make sure you know which way you want it turned, and how much you want to turn.

as long as you arent cranking the nut, you should be fine.

but like said, make sure you feel comfortable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
never force a turn, but sometimes a turn in the opposite direction gets it going.

also, if you were trying to straighten the neck and had too much string tension, that could also make the turn harder.

so make sure you know which way you want it turned, and how much you want to turn.

as long as you arent cranking the nut, you should be fine.

but like said, make sure you feel comfortable.

I tried turning it both directions but it didn't shift at all, I lowered the tension on all the strings too. Thank you for the advise.

I think this time I'll take it to the a tech and ask them to teach me.