would these sound good in an epiphone dot?
gonna get those, GFS hot nashvilles, gibson 57s, or TV Jones Filtertrons

any suggestions to get a nice twangly sound, close to rockabilly, but a lil bit heavier
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
Try P 90s. EMGs, probably not.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
well what would it sound like with those?
and what about seymour duncans?
USMC
I'll probably end up doing that too, if I ever feel like replacing my Artcore (full hollow)'s pickups from the stock models.

I'm going to send you a friend invite because you like Nekromantix, making me like you.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
I'll probably end up doing that too, if I ever feel like replacing my Artcore (full hollow)'s pickups from the stock models.

I'm going to send you a friend invite because you like Nekromantix, making me like you.

hahah
kay
theyve had a handful of great guitarist too actually
kinda lookin to get a tone liek them but a bit meaner

u wouldnt be worried bout feedback with a full hollow an EMGs?
USMC
Dude, I could care less about feedback .

Well, I mean it gets annoying to others, I'm sure, but I've learned to tone it down by muting and such.

You know Chris Cheney from The Living End (Aussie punkabilly) uses a full hollow Gretsch White Falcon, though, right?

Anyway, I may just get myself a Gibson '57 or something if I feel like changing pickups. That or just look around for other good psychobilly stuff. Then again, my friend uses a Tele and he plays more psychobilly than I do.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
Dude, I could care less about feedback .

Well, I mean it gets annoying to others, I'm sure, but I've learned to tone it down by muting and such.

You know Chris Cheney from The Living End (Aussie punkabilly) uses a full hollow Gretsch White Falcon, though, right?

Anyway, I may just get myself a Gibson '57 or something if I feel like changing pickups. That or just look around for other good psychobilly stuff. Then again, my friend uses a Tele and he plays more psychobilly than I do.

hahah, yea, been lookin at the gibson 57s a lot also
love psychobilly
USMC
CHeck your profile, I left a comment about a group, provided you have a certain hairstyle...
Quote by Pauldapro
EMGs have low feedback (being active and all that)
the question is wether you want a high gain sound from a semi-hollow
personally i wouldn't coz it wouldn't look right and that's not what semis are for

though i wouldnt recommend p90s either because they're single coils so will have more feedback<--plus i reeaaaly don't like them

go for something with a warm tone and low feedback for your semi then buy a new solid body guitar to put the EMGS in. Problem solved!
IMHO, EMGs with an 18v setup would probably sound amazing in a semi-hollow guitar.

When you kick up the voltage on EMGs, a lot of the guitar's natural tone comes out, seriously like night and day. I would absolutely do it.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
hmm so 18v EMGs, GFS hot nashvilles, Seymour Duncans, Tv Jones, Or Gibson 57s?
USMC
*cough* 18v EMGs *cough*
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
"the question is wether you want a high gain sound from a semi-hollow
personally i wouldn't coz it wouldn't look right and that's not what semis are for"

you watch for sound?

i've seen a band play tech-death metal, and their guitarist rocked a semi, it sounded SO good. not necessarily an archtop, but it was semihollow, and i belieeevve it had EMG's.

SO tight. amd it had a blue stain
------

Shwiggity.
You mean you want a psychobilly sound? You've said you want a Rockabilly sound and a sound from a band that I've not heard of but their name implies epic heavyness.

Decide what you want before you get pickups.

Also, with that amp it's completely not all worth it anyway. You'll barely even hear the difference. You'd be wasting time and money.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
You mean you want a psychobilly sound? You've said you want a Rockabilly sound and a sound from a band that I've not heard of but their name implies epic heavyness.

Decide what you want before you get pickups.

Also, with that amp it's completely not all worth it anyway. You'll barely even hear the difference. You'd be wasting time and money.

it was probably the nekromantix
and i said rockabilly becasue their guitar tone is almost the same as rockabilly, just a bit heavier

and im planning on getting a new amp in a month or so
probably a epiphone valve JR
USMC
Cartilage you are fucking gay, don't judge a book by its cover... pheewww ... " coz it doesn't look right"... dude fags blowing dick don't look right but that's them... I'm married to my smoking hot wife and I don't judge. ... get a life... I bet u been reading mags and playing for 7 years