ive seen on the Gibson website that they sell Epiphone guitars
and i was like "dude how can a company sell another companys guitars" and my friend was like "chaaaahh duuuuude like mabey there like the same thing er sumthin?
and i was wonder
what's the deal with Gibson and Epiphone???
Last edited by domaraq at May 30, 2008,
You signed up in may 07 and you still don't know?
Gibson own Epiphone. Like whoa!
Signatures are overrated.
Gibson and Epiphone were rival industries.

Gibson Bought out Epiphone and Epiphone has permission to make less pricey models from Gibson guitars.
Quote by Moe.
You signed up in may 07 and you still don't know?
Gibson own Epiphone. Like whoa!

+1

What Moe said.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by HighPotency
Epiphone is to Gibson as Squier is to Fender.

SAT analogies ftw
Quote by HighPotency
Epiphone is to Gibson as Squier is to Fender.

except Epiphone makes guitars that rival some of Gibsons guitars that cost twice as much or more
Quote by nauc
except Epiphone makes guitars that rival some of Gibsons guitars that cost twice as much or more

This tends to be the opinion of someone who is trying to justify their purchase of an epiphone to themselves still...sad.

The analogy is good, but Epiphone makes much higher quality than Fender. The INSANELY low end Gibsons and very high end Epiphones are pretty similar, but there is a definite reason that a Gibson is a Gibson.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Quote by Dazed/Confused
but there is a definite reason that a Gibson is a Gibson.

Would that be the fact that it says Gibson on their headstock? The fact that the guitars are known world wide? Or what?
If you haven't noticed, Gibsons guitars haven't been up to par lately. Epiphones on the other hand, well most of them just keep getting better.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Dazed/Confused
This tends to be the opinion of someone who is trying to justify their purchase of an epiphone to themselves still...sad.

The analogy is good, but Epiphone makes much higher quality than Fender. The INSANELY low end Gibsons and very high end Epiphones are pretty similar, but there is a definite reason that a Gibson is a Gibson.

and that tends to be the opinion of someone who is trying to justify their purchase of a Gibson to themselves still...sad.

i have an epiphone SG
it plays great
but the strings sound a little acoustic
but it's very beautiful
black pick guard on a black top
i'll put pics of it on my profile
Quote by LeviMan_2001
Epiphones don't sound so hot, but they play excellent, my brother has an epi les paul, we put gibson pickups in it and now, its muuuuch better

not a very good a/b test