Page 1 of 2
I mean seriously everyone is starting to hate slash and being famous for being good at it? i mean everyone who says he sucks are idiots, i mean sure he can't shred 10000nps like yngwie or paul gilbert, but i sware people are just blind, it seems like no one really notices how creative his solos are. I mean really his solo's fit his songs perfectly. The thing that kills me the most is people that say he sucks because hes overrated, i mean **** guitar itself is overrated but does that mean we should hate it just because its overrated? i want everyone who says he sucks to go listen to the estranged solos, i sware on my life i've never heard a solo as feel good/spine tingling as his estranged solos.
People also say he can't play fast worth a ****, well have you not heard the paradise city solo, or the godfather theme? and also people says hes not versatile? saying he only uses pentatonics and chromatics? i mean listen to the first november rain solo, hes using an A major scale, the outro solo hes using c harmonic minor.. i mean he seems more versatile that any other guitarist, hell he ****ing plays with puff daddy **** man, ive never seen yngwie play with puff daddy, all i can say is slash is ten times more versatile than most guitarists including yngwie. People also says he a sellout, i mean wouldn't you love to be making millions because of your legendary guitar solos? i know you people might disagree but this is just my take, i've always loved his riffs, hes probably one of the best riffmakers ever and one of the biggest guitar influences on me...
screw the haters, im a huge stones fan. slash ftw!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Id say hes in my top 3 favorite guitarists list. Without him i doubt i wouldve picked up a guitar to begin with

Not sure why people hate him so much, hes one of/the best at his style
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
I like cake.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I like him. Maybe not the fastest shredding in his solos (he probably could if he wanted to), but its not as much his speed and variation as it is his composing. Like kurt cobaine, he's not the best player (mostly powerchords and simple solos) but it's his writing that got Nirvana famous.
dude slash is the best in my book, well one of the best but hes still one hell of a creative kick ass machine! \m/
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Quote by gabcd86
And, to the guy who said he was a huge stones fan, and that slash rocks, please don't tell me you think he plays with them? The pear is very appropriate here, shame
like i said, im a huge stones fan. and slash holds that band together, even if its the vocals that make the songs. for my money you cant get any better than robert plant singing walk this way. but he couldnt do it without the supernova of talent that is slash. of course, i mean the more mature slash after his formative years with the jimi hendrix experience.
Quote by Zugunruhe
like i said, im a huge stones fan. and slash holds that band together, even if its the vocals that make the songs. for my money you cant get any better than robert plant singing walk this way. but he couldnt do it without the supernova of talent that is slash. of course, i mean the more mature slash after his formative years with the jimi hendrix experience.

you sir fail
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Zugunruhe

I loled.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by jmonko
you sir fail

i take it youre not a big southern rock fan.
Quote by Zugunruhe

I totally agree. The Jimi Hendrix Experience was nothing without Slash playing drums and singing in the band.
^It's obviously a joke.

Slash is ok, but there are more better guitarists in my opinion, not including Yngwie.
Pound for pound, I am the most vicious of all.
Quote by InvaderTSN
I totally agree. The Jimi Hendrix Experience was nothing without Slash playing drums and singing in the band.
i agree, chuck berry couldnt hold it together all by himself. even if he was back in the beatles, he would need jim morrison to put down his harpsichord and bail him out every time he messed up layla. its always amature hour without slash.
Quote by HopeLeaves_35
^It's obviously a joke.

no way man, i never joke about my metal.

does this look like the face of someone who is joking? ------->
Last edited by Zugunruhe at May 30, 2008,
I agree Slash is good, but he's overrated.

You spelled "Swear" wrong.
And you say "I mean" too much.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by Caseyizzle
I mean seriously everyone is starting to hate slash and being famous for being good at it? i mean everyone who says he sucks are idiots, i mean sure he can't shred 10000nps like yngwie or paul gilbert, but i sware people are just blind, it seems like no one really notices how creative his solos are. I mean really his solo's fit his songs perfectly. The thing that kills me the most is people that say he sucks because hes overrated, i mean **** guitar itself is overrated but does that mean we should hate it just because its overrated? i want everyone who says he sucks to go listen to the estranged solos, i sware on my life i've never heard a solo as feel good/spine tingling as his estranged solos.
People also say he can't play fast worth a ****, well have you not heard the paradise city solo, or the godfather theme? and also people says hes not versatile? saying he only uses pentatonics and chromatics? i mean listen to the first november rain solo, hes using an A major scale, the outro solo hes using c harmonic minor.. i mean he seems more versatile that any other guitarist, hell he ****ing plays with puff daddy **** man, ive never seen yngwie play with puff daddy, all i can say is slash is ten times more versatile than most guitarists including yngwie. People also says he a sellout, i mean wouldn't you love to be making millions because of your legendary guitar solos? i know you people might disagree but this is just my take, i've always loved his riffs, hes probably one of the best riffmakers ever and one of the biggest guitar influences on me...

This seems like a response to the "Anyone else tired of slash" thread, or something like that.
Quote by Zugunruhe
i agree, chuck berry couldnt hold it together all by himself. even if he was back in the beatles, he would need jim morrison to put down his harpsichord and bail him out every time he messed up layla. its always amature hour without slash.

I also liked Slash when he played in Led Zeppelin. He really brought heart and soul to that band and when he wrote Stairway to Heaven, I was just blown away. He even played bass, drums, and did the vocals to that song, I mean holy **** seriously. There was also that time when he was in AC/DC, but he just spent time there wandering aimlessly while doing heroin.
ahhhh, it's the annual slash fan quarentine. batter down the hatches boys, i feel a storm coming.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

They're just jealous they'll never be this awesome.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Caseyizzle

Slash? Versatile? Creative?

Really, I'm a big fan of Slash, but you're just ridiculous.

*Wipes tears*
Quote by Alter-Bridge

They're just jealous they'll never be this awesome.

wait, thats slash?!?!

oh, my bad. i was thinking of james hetfield, which is funny, because i never listen to megadeath.
Quote by Zugunruhe
wait, thats slash?!?!

oh, my bad. i was thinking of james hetfield, which is funny, because i never listen to megadeath.

My good man, you are a genius. And an AD fan, that's what I call double up
slash made a good living out of music and loves what he does.

I havn't made it that far......and I'd respect him for even just that.

Not to mention he is a great guitar player.

As for overrated?.....I've heard just about every guitar player being called overrated.....I've even been called overrated! Its opinion....everyone has one.

So.....
When is music.......going to be about music?????
i can relate. i get crap all the time cause im a huge nirvana fan. and people hate KC. but anyway, i think slash is a good guitarist. dont listen to wat people say cause its an opinion. i dont listen to opinions most of the time. keep on being a fan of slash
Dude, it's jus another bandwagon for people to jump on, so they can feel accepted/good about themselves.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by Zugunruhe
wait, thats slash?!?!

Oh man, you should listen to them more! Their raining blood album is really good. I think it was produced by Bob Rock or something
Quote by Zugunruhe
wait, thats slash?!?!

Heavens, no. Slash is the guy who played drums on Dimebag's first J-pop album for Fueled by Ramen. It was all over the news, because he was the first Peurto Rican drummer ever to win an Oscar AND make an Olympic curling team in the same year.
<Han> I love Hitler
Page 1 of 2