I need help in how to remove the bases for the tom bridge and tailpiece on my sg. I need to take them out to paint the guitar. What's the best way of removing them from the body? Also how can I get the toggle switch ring that goes under the toggle that says which pickup your on off?
i dont think you should...just use tape to cover up what you dont want to paint...its not like someone is gonna remove parts to see if you painted under em...
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
For the switch and the knobs, you can get at them from the rout on the back, I think. The switch would have a nut keeping it place, and when you remove the switch, the ring just falls off.
I'm not 100% sure, though.
The switch ring is held on with sticky. Doubt you will get it off and be able to use it again. Leave the sleeves in the guitar. You can get them out but they probably wont ever be as tight again in the body. You dont even need to tape them as paint doesnt stick to the metal well. It scrapes right off.
Quote by Tackleberry
The switch ring is held on with sticky. Doubt you will get it off and be able to use it again. Leave the sleeves in the guitar. You can get them out but they probably wont ever be as tight again in the body. You dont even need to tape them as paint doesnt stick to the metal well. It scrapes right off.

yeah but you dont want paint on the thread of the metal as that could screw up the bridge, try a few layers of masking tape then cut around them covering the metal and nothing else

edit: the spray might alsomelt the spray ring if its not friendly to plastic :S
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Last edited by rancidryan at May 30, 2008,
thread a long bolt in to the sleeves,it will push them out.
use a sharp puddy knife to lift the plastic ring,when you put the switch
back in it will hold the plastic ring on.
dont just tape it.