Page 1 of 2
hey, i just started teaching myself how to play guitar a couple months back and am having trouble learning a complete song. Anyone know of real easy songs that will help me practice, and also post the first songs you guys learned.
aerials by SOAD...sereously ****ing easy...unless u dont know how to tune to drop d...
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
well it's a little cliche but I learned Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple.
but also My Sharona is a pretty easy song
Quote by wizards?
He's today's tom sawyer, he just gets high on you... He doesn't tell stories anymore

Quote by Hoffydoodle
I love you my Friend
have an E-Cookie

Have a wonderful day =)
Day Tripper - Beatles
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by bluerabbit
well it's a little cliche but I learned Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple.
but also My Sharona is a pretty easy song

I expect him to mean the whole song, with the solo. And I don't think a begginer can play the smoke on the water solo properly. If its the first song you learned, after a few months of playing, then well done. But I don't think so.

If you are just learning to play, then start on some melodical excercises... Or play crappy songs like Who Knew from Pink. Cause metal and hard rock songs have difficult solos usualy, or are in a fast tempo.... But I don't know how much will you learn from crappy songs = do excercises. You can find a bunch of them on the net, or here on UG.

Or buy a book. I can recommend books by Troy Stetina.
TEAR IT DOWN - new EP out now!
Czech death/deathcore/metalcore band
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

Visit my youtube profile for some awesome solos - Kiwara's YT
Born to be wild was my first tune and it is only three chords. Good to get your fingers moving. It goes A, D, E, D, A.

After that play A, then all strings open, then A again fair quickly with single strums.

Also Eye of the tiger is nice a easy, see tabs on here.

Enjoy!
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
ernie cortez by hoods

fell in love with a girl by the white stripes

monster squad by kids like us

bro hymn by pennywise

all simple songs to learn
Quote by albinokrikit
aerials by SOAD...sereously ****ing easy...unless u dont know how to tune to drop d...

theyre drop c

my first song was 'god called in sick today - AFI'

learn 'bad moon rising - ccr' for open chord development

. and if you can imo dont start learning alot of drop tuned songs. it might hamper your power chord development
my first song was beverly hills by weezer... and then nothing else matters metallica... solos are both pretty challenging wen i started...
Quote by BTKA
Born to be wild was my first tune and it is only three chords. Good to get your fingers moving. It goes A, D, E, D, A.

After that play A, then all strings open, then A again fair quickly with single strums.

Also Eye of the tiger is nice a easy, see tabs on here.

Enjoy!

Are you sure that isn't Wild Thing? Because that was one of my first songs too.
my first FULL song was killing in the name by Rage Against the Machine...I know its a "guitar hero" song so its automatically a litle lame (even though i like the games) and its a good, easy song to learn and its good for uber-beginners to learn how to move their hands an such...athough solo is way lamer if u dont have the wah lol

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
adams song by blink 182
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
Wake Me Up When September Ends :p

I remember when I first nailed that solo!

Oh how I've grown...
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
hells bells by ac/dc.

I was readin tab upsidedown....(I selflearned my self the geetar!!).....so I learned it backwards and was like.....wtf...this sounds horrible!!!

I always tell my students that to give them confidence and show them that I've been down their path before.
My first song was "Brain Stew" by Green Day, just to figure out how tab worked. After that I played some Nirvana - pretty good for beginners I think. Someone mentioned The White Stripes - if you're into them, a LOT of their songs are really easy to pick up on.
dammit someone already said bad moon rising, that is great for beginners, first ilearned, if i remember rightly, i was very proud of myself when i was able to play it with my eyes closed. but yeah, good song

'theres a bathroom on the right...'
Can't stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
The first song I'd learned was Hard As A Rock from AC/DC.****ing easy..^^
Quote by classical_gas
i say Californication by RHCP; easy riff, chords and a fairly simple solo

True story. Same thing with Can't Stop
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
house of the rising sun...old man (ny), heart of gold....fark its too long ago...just get into it, more time spent better you get...haha
Also a song called 'Laugh n' a ½' by a danish band called DAD
Tjeck it out on Youtube. Also if not to learn it. It's worth tjekking out. They're like.. kinda legendary on the danish music-scene... doesn't sound very good..
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
Quote by edgespear

Well.. The dude's has definetly has a road to walk ;b
Some people should stop up and think twice and then practice for just a week more before they throw something on the net..
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
Quote by TheKermal
Well.. The dude's has definetly has a road to walk ;b
Some people should stop up and think twice and then practice for just a week more before they throw something on the net..

Lol i was joking when i said suck on it. But yeah, that was a few months when i started playing. I've been playing about 2 years now so needless to say, i've improved.
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
bombtrack- rage was my first.. was easy as!

also download guitar pro or power tab if you dont allready they help heaps
Last edited by tweetweet at May 31, 2008,
You Shook Me All Night Long by Hayseed Dixie (I know it's originally by AC/DC but I prefer this one)

Played by ear too
The Arsenal:

88/89 Fender HM Strat
Epiphone Valve Jr

Lag Winter series acoustic

Hohner Marine Band harmonica
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
hells bells by ac/dc.

I was readin tab upsidedown....(I selflearned my self the geetar!!).....so I learned it backwards and was like.....wtf...this sounds horrible!!!

I always tell my students that to give them confidence and show them that I've been down their path before.

All The Small Things - Blink-182

(Tapping Sequence from) Eruption - Van Halen

Seven Nation Army - White Stripes

SMAiTY
Page 1 of 2