Hey there, got some new blues!

This is a song that is, as we told everyone at our last show, about boning. Oh yeah.

Anyway, it's an acoustic number based off of one of our old electric songs with a full band. I appreciate all comments, and C4C. Further, we were thinking of adding some percussion.

http://www.myspace.com/propheticwest

Oh, and please, comment on the recording quality as well, just remember I recorded it in my living room

Thanks!
Last edited by Kidzelda at May 30, 2008,
Thank you for the words. I understand what you mean, though generally I have always been a stickler for good recording quality. It just takes me out of a song when it sounds like **** in a production sense. Then again, I also like a LOT of production; you know, tons of layers, reverb out the ass, etc.

But again thanks.
Dude I like this alot! I like the chords alot, and I like the words. The blues gives me a good feel, is this just one acoustic? Don't add any percussion, except maybe a little drum or something but not much. The song is amazing without it!

You picked the right person to crit yesterday, because I love this song
Sounds pretty cool man liking the bluesy feel. Maybe the effect on the vocals could have been used less at times just for variation. It gets a tad of time at parts but the feel between the vocals and the guitar is really nice.
Brush this baby up and I can imagine listening to this when I'm in the mood.

Mind critting my bands first show?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871192
Smile alot today... okay?
Maybe the effect on the vocals could have been used less at times just for variation. It gets a tad of time at parts but the feel between the vocals and the guitar is really nice.

Effect? Are you talking about the reverb? I'm not sure how reverb can get off time.

Unless you're talking about the vocals themselves getting off time. In which case, that's just how Dusty (vocals in this song) sings it. But we'll look at it. Thanks.
Not my style but the guitar parts are good, and melody is good. Lyrics are kind of stereotype "lets get it on" song style but thats what the songs about so what else are you gonna do. Vocals could use some bass reduction, theyre a bit muddy. Nice song overall.
Vocals have a little bit too much reverb, ya know? It makes 'em a little muddy. Other than that, though, it was seriously well done. You nailed the bluesy feel.

Crit mine?