Alright I dont live near a guitar store so I am asking for your guys help on equipment and guitar finding. I will try it out eventually before I make any purchases but I wanted some opinion on this one. I was looking for a Fender and wanted to be able to have a really good metal sound along with classic rock and blues rock sounds and found the Fender American Highway One. I feel (judging from reviews I have seen) that it can do every thing I want in a guitar but wanted some other opinion on its sound, quality, ect. Also it is alot cheaper than the American Strat so that is a huge plus.
^ I disagree. I'm in pretty much in the same situation as you, I tested some Highway Ones as well as MIM and MIA Strats. Highways aren't much better than MIM Strats and you pay mainly for the label 'made in USA' and hotter pickups. The feeling of the neck is almost no different from MIM Strats, as well as wood quality.

You would be probably better off playing on a couple MIM Strats, choosing the best one (they really vary in quality, especially in the matter of tuning) and then swapping the pickups for something hotter/noiseless. Like Seymour-Duncan Hot Rails for the bridge, Iron Maiden guys use them so you probably know what it sounds like.

EDIT: Oh, you are from Bosnia! Then you are really better off buying a MIM Strat, Highways (and other US made Fenders) are ridiculously overpriced in Europe, especially in less developed countries (I'm from Poland so I know my stuff, duh)
Last edited by zombiak at May 30, 2008,
Yeah however I am not really planning on purchasing a new guitar for another yeah when I will move back to the states because there are hardly any guitar stores here in Bosnia. But thanks for the warning.
I have a Highway One Stratocaster. I really like it. I think the neck actually feels better than those on the MIM Strats. I've played those. This neck is definitely smoother.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by clsscrckr91
I have a Highway One Stratocaster. I really like it. I think the neck actually feels better than those on the MIM Strats. I've played those. This neck is definitely smoother.

I agree! Although the MIM Standard and the Highway One have the Modern C neck profile, the MIM has a 1.65" nut while the H1 has 1.685" ... slight difference, but very noticeable.

Also, the H1 has a wider bridge or string spacing than the MIM. As far as finish goes, the H1's body has Nitro while the MIM has Poly ... it all boils down to preference.

Quote by zombiak
^ I disagree. I'm in pretty much in the same situation as you, I tested some Highway Ones as well as MIM and MIA Strats. Highways aren't much better than MIM Strats and you pay mainly for the label 'made in USA' and hotter pickups. The feeling of the neck is almost no different from MIM Strats, as well as wood quality.

You would be probably better off playing on a couple MIM Strats, choosing the best one (they really vary in quality, especially in the matter of tuning) and then swapping the pickups for something hotter/noiseless. Like Seymour-Duncan Hot Rails for the bridge, Iron Maiden guys use them so you probably know what it sounds like.

EDIT: Oh, you are from Bosnia! Then you are really better off buying a MIM Strat, Highways (and other US made Fenders) are ridiculously overpriced in Europe, especially in less developed countries (I'm from Poland so I know my stuff, duh)

what are you insane? the highway one upgrade 2006 - 2007's are fanstastic they walk all over the 2008 american standards in tone the highway one is the most versatile strat out there period.
really?

either way i feel it actually comes down to the paint (sorry finish) and the price. If you can find a good MIM strat and there are plenty out there that is a good value imo.

and I believe the MIMs and the HW1s were upgraded in '06 timeframe.

charty: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=101934

Edit: absolutely not knocking the Am Strat