I know that you probally get annoyed with these posts but i diont realy know what is a good guitar and whats not.

Im looking for my first guitar, i have got a very low budget as this is my first and dont want to waste money and then decide to stop playing.

I found these 2 guitars for £100.

LAG JV100 Jet NewVintage
http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/1963-lag_jv100_jet_newvintage_electric_guitar

and

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/145-epiphone_les_paul_special_ii_electric_guitar

What one you would recomend for a beginner. The type of music i want to play is NOT metal or hardcore, but general alternatice/rock such as oasis etc. Sorry for being vauge.

Thanks for help
Everyone buys LPs but i cant stand them,
in my opinion the LAG would be better.
if your only a beginner why are you buying a brand new one?
Get a good secoundhand one! makes more sense to me
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
One of my guitars is the epiphone Les Paul special II... it was infact my first guitar, and it's pretty good especially if you are just starting out...like you are.... the tone is pretty good and it's pretty reliable....
In my oppinion, The specail 2's are complete gash - they're not very playable and they sound terrible.
however, you can't ask much from a complete begginer's guitar.

My brother got a jim deacon flying V for about £135, it was second hand, bought from a guitar shop that did trade ins, It's got a nasty chip in the corner, but it's All mahogany, glued in neck, gold hardware. the only thing wrong with it is the neck pickup is way too bassy, it's practically useless, but the bridge one is great!

I would definatly go second hand, maybe buy it from a shop that sells guitars second hand.
i'd probably get the lag, as long as you get on with single coils...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
make sure you get one with a trem and preferably HSS so you can explore as many tonal possibilities as possible when you start off.

out of those two the LAG.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

I may try out the LAG. But im heraing mix views about both.

I think i may look in a shop and try some out.
I was looking at the pacifica's.

But, i will aslo need an amp. What amp would you recomend for a begginer?
i'd recommend the 112 instead of the 012 if you can stretch to it, it's made of "better" wood (better tone), alder.

roland microcube is a pretty good starter amp, maybe a vox da5 as you're not after metal tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you are interested in LP's, try looking for a Crate LP...
At first I was skeptical....
But they are amazing and they are cheap.
My very first guitar was a Special II.

Dont get one. You could do way better with a LP-100, which is about $200 USD.
ampwise you should look at Fender Frontman series and Marshall MG series amps. theyre pretty good!

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
ampwise you should look at Fender Frontman series and Marshall MG series amps. theyre pretty good!

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
i wouldnt get either, i would go for an ibanez
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I had (and still have, somewhere) an Epiphone Les Paul Special around 5 years ago, and it actually played quite well. The neck was great for a beginner guitar.

I'm not sure what the difference is between a Special and a Special II (it's been annoying me for ages though, anyone know?), so I don't know if it's worth getting.

Either way, I'd probably go for the Lag.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
The second guitar I brought was a LAG, I found it decent to play, had a thin neck which was quite easy to get on with and seemed more durable. It was around 200 but that was a year or two ago so I doubt its much different to the one in the link. Only complaint is that the intonation went off a few times (but thats easily solved if you ask around)