hey guys. is there anything you can do to get rid of scratches on the body of a guitar? they arent too deep and are only really noticeable in certain light but i would still like them gone if possible.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Maybe those car products. But i dunno... Its too dangerous , and those scratches are normal to every guitar.
well yeh they arent all that bad just a bit annoying, thought maybe they had a similar car thing but specific to guitar but i guess not
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Dont worry dude. Those scratches just show that you indeed play you guitar.
nah they actually dont lol, shows that the idiot cowboys at my local guitar shop are clumsy as hell and cant set up a guitar.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
yep im never going back there again, they didnt actually fix the problem i bought it in for they just changed the strings which i had done myself 3 days prior (which i bought from the same store), scrathed it and charged me £30 for it was well ghey.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
nah they actually dont lol, shows that the idiot cowboys at my local guitar shop are clumsy as hell and cant set up a guitar.

you called them cowboys!

Anyway... if you looked at my strat you would see a couple hundred of them... I don't really mind em much but I guess it's because I did them.
Scratches are fine. Dints are the worst but you'll get over it.

I was gutted when i put a massive dent in my Ibanez DT-200 last year - but i moved on and became stronger - mentally and physically.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Tom Horn
What shop do you use?

just a local one it wasnt a chain or anything, cant recall the exact name though.

And to the above in britain a cowboy is a description for someone that does shoddy work, for example a really bad builder or plumber who charges you lots of money for poor worksmanship.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
oh ok mate, was going to say, there is a certain chain near me that are a bunch of dicks, they couldnt tell you there elbow from an e string
Car stuff = T cut or similar
3M make something for removing scratches from cds
some good guitar polish will help if they arent too bad
or remove the finish with a blow torch it'll look fantastic!!!! (dont do this)
Shut up and play your guitar!
You what! they diddn't fix the problem and damaged your guitar! Man id have gone f**king insane and refused to pay then sent them the bill for the guitar as they damaged it. Thats bulls**t name and shame them please just so some poor guy who dont know better dont use their sevices.

You are well within your rights to charge them for a new guitar man. Same thing happened to my plasma when it needed an in warrantee repair. The company that handled the repair diddnt look after it in transit and scratched the heck out of it. I called John Lewis and went mad. Now I have a brand new set.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
see i would go in and do the whole angry customer thing but im not good with conflicts and i only noticed the scratches when i got home so they could easily just say i did them, and yeh they didnt fix the buzzing he basically told me it would be too much hassle, he was like it could be the truss rod but if you adjust that then u will have to adjust the action and so on and so on, he was just lazy basically. I am going back home soon so il go exeter and try to find a decent place there.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
yep im never going back there again, they didnt actually fix the problem i bought it in for they just changed the strings which i had done myself 3 days prior (which i bought from the same store), scrathed it and charged me £30 for it was well ghey.

You took it to Paris?
Quote by lwayneio
see i would go in and do the whole angry customer thing but im not good with conflicts and i only noticed the scratches when i got home so they could easily just say i did them, and yeh they didnt fix the buzzing he basically told me it would be too much hassle, he was like it could be the truss rod but if you adjust that then u will have to adjust the action and so on and so on, he was just lazy basically. I am going back home soon so il go exeter and try to find a decent place there.

Dude, there's not being good with conflict, and being a complete wet noodle who just got completely ripped off. Don't stand for that BS, at least get your money back. What a dick that guy was. Too lazy to do the simplest of setups.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
so you paid £30 for a setup and the guy said it was too much hassle to adjust the truss rod and the action?

time to learn how to setup guitars me thinks. theres hundreds of guides on the net and im sure many on this site. Theres not much you can do wrong just as long as you make small adjustments then tune up and check. just as long as theres nothing thats un recovereable done you wont mess anything up. plus if things go pear shaped you can always take it into a shop and have them undo anything.

Being able to set up your instrument properly is a requirement of being a musician in my humble opinion.

Id send them a very strong letter and a bill for the damages on you axe though.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
yeh i do want to try and set it up myself but im really bad with that kind of thing and for some reason one of the screws on the truss rod cover wont come out there is just one thats stuck (i made a thread about it a few days ago).
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube