Page 1 of 2
i was thinkin if there was sum Basketball player here... coz i need sum advice wit my game....
Sury'
You said you needed advice. How am I supposed to help if you don't explain?
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Yeah I play.

I think that's what you're asking? :S
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by RSOB Bass
What about IMABBALLPLAYER?

he doesnt play b ball anymore
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
The question is does he really need advice, or was this a lame attempt of a poll?
The really bad ass basket players play with bowling balls. And living turtles as their shoes.
im 13 n im 5'8" n i wanna b a pro after 5 yesrs...
im built 4 a C but am a basic allrounder... i shoot, block, steal(Sumtimes), assist, pass n everything in between... i wanna learn 3ptr but hardly ever get em... sum guys say aim @ the box, sum say rim, n sum say inner pat of da rim... i need help wit all dat .... ne1 plz help me...
Sury'
why ask a guitar forum?
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds
Quote by Sury'
im 13 n im 5'8" n i wanna b a pro after 5 yesrs...
im built 4 a C but am a basic allrounder... i shoot, block, steal(Sumtimes), assist, pass n everything in between... i wanna learn 3ptr but hardly ever get em... sum guys say aim @ the box, sum say rim, n sum say inner pat of da rim... i need help wit all dat .... ne1 plz help me...

Yeah man. Start with your grammar.

First off, with shooting... (which I think is what you want, from what I gather)

You have to find your stroke. You want your shot to be the same, every time.

http://www.coachlikeapro.com/jump-shot.html

Do EVERYTHING it says there. Practice more than you've practiced anything.
Quote by Sury'
jus asked to know

I answered you. Use that website.
I do practice a lot man. I'm currently down with pain... I shoot (Well atleast try to) like the pros. I've got a big build, and thanks for the link...
Sury'
Dude if you shoot like the pros ... wtf u doing asking tips for guitar-dudes ?!?!
Yep. I don't care what your build is. And how do you shoot like tho 'pros?' Explain that.

Find your stroke, and have the same shot every time. The same release, every time. The same flick of the wrist, every time.

Quote by Naka-dude
Dude if you shoot like the pros ... wtf u doing asking tips for guitar-dudes ?!?!

Because he obviously knows that me telling him what to do is basically being taught by Pete Maravich.
Any time. If you ever need anything else, any other tips, ways to increase your vert, or whatev, PM me, add me on MSN, make another thread, whatever. I'm here.

I used to be a hardcore baller but I've had heaps of ankle injuries over the past few years and over time have just drifted away from basketball.
Here's a site I used to run, take a look around there and I'm sure you'll find what your looking for.
http://jump21.proboards59.com/index.cgi
No I'm not advertising, last post was like a year ago.

And for your 3's you might not be strong enough at the age of 13 to shoot at that distance with a size 7. You'll make the distance easy but you won't release the ball high and you won't flick your wrist as you do on other shots where you are more comfortable with the range.

Also make sure you use your legs to shoot!
Alot of younger people just use their arms and release from around the chest and shoot very flatly. Your supposed to shoot from just above your head and shoot the ball about 3 feet above the ring so that it'll drop in and not rim out. Also make sure you flick your wrist whilst shooting, backspin helps so much man.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by Naka-dude

not exactlt that i do... i just try
Sury'
Yeah, spin really does a lot. But it has to be fluid, natural. Not forced.

Kyle Korver's shot blows my mind.

Quote by howey
I used to be a hardcore baller but I've had heaps of ankle injuries over the past few years and over time have just drifted away from basketball.
Here's a site I used to run, take a look around there and I'm sure you'll find what your looking for.
http://jump21.proboards59.com/index.cgi
No I'm not advertising, last post was like a year ago.

And for your 3's you might not be strong enough at the age of 13 to shoot at that distance with a size 7. You'll make the distance easy but you won't release the ball high and you won't flick your wrist as you do on other shots where you are more comfortable with the range.

Also make sure you use your legs to shoot!
Alot of younger people just use their arms and release from around the chest and shoot very flatly. Your supposed to shoot from just above your head and shoot the ball about 3 feet above the ring so that it'll drop in and not rim out. Also make sure you flick your wrist whilst shooting, backspin helps so much man.
Thanks for your advice
Sury'
Quote by Fishyesque
Yeah, spin really does a lot. But it has to be fluid, natural. Not forced.

Kyle Korver's shot blows my mind.

You said that you can help me with my vert. jump right? i need that...
Sury'
Again check the site for your vert stuff.
Sky Is The Limit or STL is a sick program man !
Its probably in the programs section of the site.
No matter what you do stay away from Air Alert!!!
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by Sury'
You said that you can help me with my vert. jump right? i need that...

Get on some sort of jumping program. I did one last summer and one after this season. It takes a lot of patience and endurance, but it pays off. I can dunk pretty easily now, but I am about 6'3
No No No !!!
NO AIR ALERT EVER!!!
It is terribly designed and it puts far to much stress on your body. It creates muscle imbalances which in the future could lead to serious injuries. Sure it might get you 7 inches in 2 months but within the next year there's a fair chance you'll need a calf operartion and you'll go a month without walking and 3 without jumping. By then you'll have a hole in your bank account and your vertical will be back to where you started.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
yeah, i was going to offer advice, but i'm a center, so i don't have any advice about shooting three's . do what they said.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by howey
No No No !!!
NO AIR ALERT EVER!!!
It is terribly designed and it puts far to much stress on your body. It creates muscle imbalances which in the future could lead to serious injuries. Sure it might get you 7 inches in 2 months but within the next year there's a fair chance you'll need a calf operartion and you'll go a month without walking and 3 without jumping. By then you'll have a hole in your bank account and your vertical will be back to where you started.

I disagree. That would happen if you're using weights, but with AA you're using your body weight only. It's wonderfully designed. Where are you basing your claims from?

As long as you consistently play basketball, you keep like.. 98% of your vert.
Basketball used to be all that i cared about.
I read countless articles about the risks of air alert in particular from many people that knew what they were talking about such as Nizar (hoopmadness) Sam (ballinboy) and Peter Mundy. I used to know the technical reasons as to why it was bad but I can no longer remember them. Now unless things have dramaitclly changed in the past 3 years I still think air alert is a major hazard to your body.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
That would have been for the older air alerts, versions I, II and III. It's changed.

There's a new version now ?
Well the 'old' air alert was like the equivalent of Bugera. Sure it will get you a better vert but there's a fair chance your going to get injured. Bugera's sound sweet! But there's quite a few problems with them.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Page 1 of 2