Hey guys i need your help.

Is it possible to plug a condenser mic (which requires a phantom power supply) into a camcoder?

I have NT2-a rode mic and it requires a 48v phantom power, i want to plug it into a camcoder with a 3.5mm stero plug (i think thats what i need). Then have a firewire connected to the computer and have it record to windows movie maker. I just dont know if i can connect the mic to a camcoder and still get 48v Ph Power somehow! Any help appreiated!
probly not unless the cam has phantom power built in
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
i Just got an idea in relation to my first post! I have a PA system with a mixer that has Phantom power supply. So that would take care of the condenser mic but is it possible to plug the camcorder into the mixer and capture that sound?
You can afford a Rode NT2-a but don't have an interface??

Without the phantom power, the mic will not work.

period.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by furph
i Just got an idea in relation to my first post! I have a PA system with a mixer that has Phantom power supply. So that would take care of the condenser mic but is it possible to plug the camcorder into the mixer and capture that sound?

If you have the adapters (depending on the inputs on the camcorder), yes, and if the camcorder plays nice with line levels.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣