haha, I thought this was going to be on a mechanical one, I was about to say wouldn't you need to be like, a master watchmaker?

I think it'll just be a timer circuit, which is a capacitator and a NOT gate, isn't it? I don't know, I did it in physics YEARS ago.
maybe u can use the EA tremolo design (or the BYOC tremolo) - it has a LED that blinks according to the rate you set. but you'll need to increase the range of the rate pot and lose the tremolo effect, i don't know how u do that
Quote by Nezek
maybe u can use the EA tremolo design (or the BYOC tremolo) - it has a LED that blinks according to the rate you set. but you'll need to increase the range of the rate pot and lose the tremolo effect, i don't know how u do that

This will be pretty simple.
Use the EA tremelo with 1 lead pluging in and out into itself.
Then use the rate kbon to use as a metranome.
This way it blinks for you but doesnt affect the signal because its not even part of you setup.
Its all by itself working as a metranome.

But thats just if you take this idea.
Quote by Deffmetal666
This will be pretty simple.
Use the EA tremelo with 1 lead pluging in and out into itself.
Then use the rate kbon to use as a metranome.
This way it blinks for you but doesnt affect the signal because its not even part of you setup.
Its all by itself working as a metranome.

But thats just if you take this idea.

yeah that's pretty obvious.. i meant i don't know how to increase the range of the rate pot
Ok, I searched "basic square wave generator" on google, got this:

(nb: i realise it's not a NOT gate)

I suppose you could just put in a variable capacitor to get a dail that'll change the frequency? You could do the maths to work out what settings will give you what frequencies, i think, Maybe i better leave it to someone who actually does practical electronics - all i know is based on higher tech studies stuff, most of which i've forgotten and wasn't majorly hands-on.