I was just wandering about jumbo frets? Is it just that they are fatter? Do they change the sound, speed of fretboard? just anything ?
yeah there must be something... at least i think so... i was wondering the same
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
It's just like the action of strings or the guage, it's for your own comfort not to improve tone or w.e
they stick up higher off the fretboard, and so halfway simulate a scalloped fretboard
the idea then is that you dont have to press down so hard on the frets and in theory play faster
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Generally jumbo frets are meant to have a smoother feel, so yeah, just comfort.
Fender Custom Tele, FMT HH
Michael Kelly Patriot Black
Peavey VK 212 (modded)
Member #24 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

Quote by larrytheguitar
Would you eat the fish.
Quote by Ed782
I was just wandering about jumbo frets? Is it just that they are fatter? Do they change the sound, speed of fretboard? just anything ?

I think they just stick up higher than the other ones. It isn't that the actual fret (the space between the fret wires) is wider.
Quote by chimpinatux
they stick up higher off the fretboard, and so halfway simulate a scalloped fretboard
the idea then is that you dont have to press down so hard on the frets and in theory play faster

Neither jumbo frets or scalloping is going to help you play faster. Having large frets or scallops doesn't mean fretting takes less effort than on smaller frets. The simple fact is, most players press down too hard when fretting, and if you fret that hard using thin strings and scallops or jumbo frets, the notes will go sharp, hence people learn to fret with the minimum force required.

The primary reason to use either scallops or large frets is that it gives greater control over string bending and vibrato. That's it. They also force you to learn to fret correctly, which requires less effort, and therefore will allow you to pay faster in the long run, but once you have the fretting technique developed, you should be able to play every bit as fast on a flat neck with small frets.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Yeah cool thanks everyone i've been playing for about three years now and was just looking into a new guitar and wondering bout the jumbo frets, cheers!