Page 1 of 2
Are US highschools as they're seen in movies and music videos, I don't mean happy, gay places like high school musical but stuff like 'recess' and 'waking the demon' by BFMV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYGQjYi2A30

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
I'm sorry, I tried to help but when I clicked the link a bullet for my valentine video popped up.

I HAD to close it.

All apologies
That video is hilariously bad.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by hugh20
Are US highschools as they're seen in movies and music videos, I don't mean happy, gay places like high school musical but stuff like 'recess' and 'waking the demon' by BFMV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYGQjYi2A30

BFMV are Welsh, what do they know about American High Schools?

Just using stereotypes I'd imagine.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
They are exactly like that, geeks, jocks, people getting locked in lockers, popular cheerleaders picking on girls with acne. Every single American stereotype you have ever heard, is true. The Americans are walking melodramatic cliches, every thing you see on tv about American people and culture is true. And yes, they find programs like 'two and a half men' and 'friends' and 'becker' funny.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
No, they are not a damn thing like in the videos. Its still hell, but its hell with out all the glitz and glam

And theres no Ferris Bueller
Quote by bob farrell
They are exactly like that, geeks, jocks, people getting locked in lockers, popular cheerleaders picking on girls with acne. Every single American stereotype you have ever heard, is true. The Americans are walking melodramatic cliches, every thing you see on tv about American people and culture is true. And yes, they find programs like 'two and a half men' and 'friends' and 'becker' funny.

omg haw did 2 no
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
There are also black people.

Most of whom act "gangsta" (at least where I'm from)

If they mess with you, a swift ass-kicking usually shuts them up.
Quote by bob farrell

Pff you think you have it bad? Try picturing our dirt roads covered in moose being driven to school.

Stereotypes ftl.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
it's not so dramatic. And people don't transform. What's it like in other schools in other countries?
Quote by darkstar2466
omg haw did 2 no

I used to be American. Then I left and converted to being Welsh. I know all about American culture, more than the fat dumb Americans know about themselves.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
check out the whole movie "rockenroll highschool" (ramones)

that's my picture of american hi sqls
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by bob farrell
I used to be American. Then I left and converted to being Welsh. I know all about American culture, more than the fat dumb Americans know about themselves.

we maid the computar
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
It depends on the size of the school. Smaller highschools are nothing like that, bigger ones come closer because the large number of people creates lots of different social groups and castes.
Quote by bob farrell

Jealous much?
Quote by darkstar2466
we maid the computar

Quiet Gandalf, you are not American.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
It's not that it's American High Schools. They're playing on some social truths of what High School is. Athletes picking on nerds and stuff like that. It happens at a lot of High Schools, just in different ways. :P
Signature
It's a giant country, there's going to be alot of variation between a strict type of high school, much like going into a different secondary school/6th form college in the UK can be a baffling experience, with different attitudes and tones
I wouldn't take a BFMV video for detailed trends of the entire nation
Quote by bob farrell
Quiet Gandalf, you are not American.

My passport begs to differ.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by philipisabeast

I wouldn't take a BFMV video for detailed trends of the entire nation

Who did not experience school in that nation.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by darkstar2466
we maid the computar

Lolling up in here.
Aha!! Caught you out!! Americans don't have passports, they are too fat and ignorant to want to travel to other places and expand their horizons. Don't mess with Farrell on american culture, I know more about being an American than you ever will!!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by bob farrell
Aha!! Caught you out!! Americans don't have passports, they are too fat and ignorant to want to travel to other places and expand their horizons. Don't mess with Farrell on american culture, I know more about being an American than you ever will!!!

*tries to chase bob farrell, but bob farrell is too fast for my fat, ozzing, American ass*

*goes to McDonalds and orders four Big Macs*

*watches CMT*
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
not in my school. theres never any action there just stupid freshman taking up all the space in the halls. we do have our occasional brawls(and the forbidden incident) with other schools during games and the such but barely any of that stuff is true.
Quote by metaldud536
I know. F*cking wolves man.

Thing is, even i'd start mocking the werewolf/angsty tool counting down the days till he became hairy with yellow teeth

Quote by kitty_teh_fish
we do have our occasional brawls(and the forbidden incident) true.

Forbidden incident?
Quote by darkstar2466
*tries to chase bob farrell, but bob farrell is too fast for my fat, ozzing, American ass*

*goes to McDonalds and orders four Big Macs*

*watches CMT*

I am totally going to sig this. And good for you, enjoy those Big Macs!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
It's not anything like that. The people here get along. Even the assholes usually keep to themselves unless someone provokes them.
Quote by bob farrell
I am totally going to sig this. And good for you, enjoy those Big Macs!!

I spelled "oozing" wrong. Correct it before you do.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by 3rdActguitarist

And theres no Ferris Bueller

How can that be? There must be on Bueller in every high school or it's just not good self stereotyping.

That video annoyed me, I wanted the metal fan to do a Travis Bickle style revenge, or they could glorify Columbine, that would be brilliant.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Kiffa
Who did not experience school in that nation.

But it probably wasn't they're idea to do that video, it was probably some bigtime Hollywood producer.
The one thing missing from this is the part where a hitlist is found in an angry freshmen's locker.
Quote by deanfreak93
But it probably wasn't they're idea to do that video, it was probably some bigtime Hollywood producer.

That's true, I've seen some other BFMV videos, even though they're a British band, most of their videos with a plot have been set in Americaland, probably because that's what the producers with the money tell them to do.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by whalepudding
BFMV have a song called "recess"?

No, I meant the kid's tv show.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by hugh20
No, I meant the kid's tv show.

That show rocks!!! But isn't that junior high? Proper American High schools are far worse than **** like recess, I swear to god if I ever went back to an American high school, and group of Valley girls said anything along the lines of:

'OMG Have you seen that cute new guy'
'He is like, totally hot'
'OMG serious, that is like soooo totally true'

Or anything resembling Valley Girl slang I would go aquire some fire arms and do a 'Virginia Tech', but targeting Valley Girls. I ****ing hate Valley Girls!!!!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Every foreign exchange student I've met said American high school is extremely easy compared to their home country.

Go figure
All your base are belong to us.
My school is literally clique-less. Everybody hangs with everyone else. The jocks buy their pot off of the pot heads, the music geeks are the swimmers/track & field athletes, there are very few actual geeks, the Valley Girls hang out with the more "average girls".
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Page 1 of 2