Hey Guys,

I just Got cubase and a little mixer, so i thought i'd experiment a bit and recorded THIS .

What do you think of the mixing? (as opposed to the song or the playing).

And i think the lead guitar doesnt sound too good. What are your thoughts?

(The myspace player has a crappy hiss that doesn't normally play, i dont know how to sort it)

Thanks a lot for Listening!

TM
Very nicely done! Lead guitar is a bit loud I think, I like how it sounds though. I know you only asked about the mixing, but the song sounds great too, couple of lead notes that get cut off too soon but otherwise good stuff
^yeah i thought that. i went back and turned it up for some reason =S

yeah the playing there is a little sloppy =P

Thanks anyway!
TM
Lead sounds way too bassy... IMO, though. Maybe you like it that way...
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
^ i had a lot of trouble EQing the lead, cos its not the best sound straight from the amp, but i'm working on that today.
Could be your mic too... my **** 10 dollar PC mic always sounded bassy when I recorded anything. My CO3U makes a world's difference.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
mm, fair play. atm i'm using a warfedale dynamic one, not an instrument mic as far as i know.

SM57 when i have money. =P
Indeed, the lead is a tad loud.

What you could have done is pan the two acoustic tracks hard left and right (that is if there were two, sounded like it to me), then double up the lead and keep it in the middle. Have a good few listens through and sort out the levels in Cubase. It should sound much "bigger" and more dynamic. Did you try EQing the lead track after it was recorded? Taking some of the bass out would have helped too.

Just my two cents, but I reckon it would give the mix much more life. Great little track though I suspect you already did most of what I suggested, the only real problem is the lead being too loud.

Mind giving this a listen? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872216
Last edited by Vermintide at May 30, 2008,
Quote by Vermintide
Indeed, the lead is a tad loud.

What you could have done is pan the two acoustic tracks hard left and right (that is if there were two, sounded like it to me), then double up the lead and keep it in the middle. Have a good few listens through and sort out the levels in Cubase. It should sound much "bigger" and more dynamic. Did you try EQing the lead track after it was recorded? Taking some of the bass out would have helped too.

Just my two cents, but I reckon it would give the mix much more life. Great little track though I suspect you already did most of what I suggested, the only real problem is the lead being too loud.

Mind giving this a listen? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872216

I had two channels for each acoustic track, one mic one line, i panned the mic hard right/left and the line medium right/left. i kept the lead in the middle =P

I EQd it a lot =P haha. I'll Have a play a little later and take heed of your suggestions.

Thanks for the Replys!

TM