This a 3 part documentary, the first 2 are basically a history of Islam extremism throughout the Middle East and Egypt and the Neo-conservative movement in the US. The last part, which is the one i'm posting (and the most interesting imo) is about how the US basically made up the idea that there was an international terrorist organization that was threatening the US.

The Power of Nightmares Part 3
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2081592330319789254&q=power+of+nightmares&ei=Vvs_SNuMG5784AK1rKSbCQ
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Should go in the conspiracy thread >.>
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy
Should go in the conspiracy thread >.>

it doesn't talk about conspiracy theories
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by denizenz
So who are we fighting in Iraq?

communism
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy
communism

those damn communists!
-Homer Simpson
I stopped watching when the narrator claimed that the Soviet Union had no imperialistic goals or plans to spread communism throughout the world. I also find it extremely it hard to believe that Al Qaida is no more than a bunch of lost sheep that happen to be funded by a BILLIONAIRE, who simply hangs out in camps and doles out pocket change when the fighters ask for it. This is just another conspiracy video pulled out of some nobody's ass.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
Yeah, actually terrorist groups do exist. I'm pretty sure I saw some guy saying he wanted to wipe Israel and Western civilization from the Earth.

Oh, and the fact that terrorists haven't attacked the US since 9/11 doesn't mean that activity has stopped. Anyone from the UK will be able to tell you all about it.
Quote by denizenz
Yeah, actually terrorist groups do exist. I'm pretty sure I saw some guy saying he wanted to wipe Israel and Western civilization from the Earth.

Oh, and the fact that terrorists haven't attacked the US since 9/11 doesn't mean that activity has stopped. Anyone from the UK will be able to tell you all about it.

Terrorism is still rampant in the West! There hasn't been any attacks but the idea of them still haunts countless people!

Say no to appeasement when you go vote in Nov!

.. I'm not even American.
Quote by blues-guitarist
The last part, which is the one i'm posting (and the most interesting imo) is about how the US basically made up the idea that there was an international terrorist organization that was threatening the US.

Really?

Quote by slayerbizkit
I stopped watching when the narrator claimed that the Soviet Union had no imperialistic goals or plans to spread communism throughout the world. I also find it extremely it hard to believe that Al Qaida is no more than a bunch of lost sheep that happen to be funded by a BILLIONAIRE, who simply hangs out in camps and doles out pocket change when the fighters ask for it. This is just another conspiracy video pulled out of some nobody's ass.

I don't think they said that, specially since they talk about the Soviets invading Afganistan, but they do say that the Soviet threat to the was was exaggerated...the whole second part of the documentary talks about how the Soviet threat was exaggerated and how the US made up stuff (even though the CIA said it was incorrect)...by the way, i'm just telling you what's on the documentary, i haven't done enough research to make it my view
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at May 31, 2008,
Quote by blues-guitarist
it doesn't talk about conspiracy theories

Its not talked about because this movie is the conspiracy.
Quote by Donaldguitar
Really?

That proves that there is a terrorist organization, but not an international terrorist organization and is spread around the middle east...Al Qaeda is not a huge organization spread around the world and Bin Laden doesn't have as much support as the US says...again, these are not my views, i'm just saying what the video says, I have to do more research about this
-Homer Simpson
Quote by slappymoe66
Its not talked about because this movie is the conspiracy.

I bet you haven't seen it
-Homer Simpson
No this isn't an interesting documentary, it's more conspiracy crap made by students.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>