http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Products/LesPaul/Traditional/

Just found that in my email. Seems pretty cool, and eventually if I get a 'Paul I'd probably lean towards that, as I prefer non-weight relieved... What's amazing is that the MSRP is below that of the Standard :O Seems kind of weird...

But on paper I like the guitar, how about you guys?

P.S.: I searched before making this thread
Nice guitar right there... except for the whole heritage cherry sunburst thing

still, definitely wouldn't mind having one of those
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
To be honest, as great as that probably is, it's a total rip off still.

Have you ever heard of Edwards who are a guitar company in Japan owned by ESP.
They're much cheaper and their Les Pauls are all built amazingly with long tennons and everything which even Gibson don't bother with these days.

The only problem is getting one shipped to you, but they are always on ebay so that's not too much of a problem.
Quote by CrazyDavey
But I don't want "Edwards" written on the headstock.

That kind prejudice might make you miss out on a fantastic playing guitar.

But hey, it's your money.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
It's pretty nice, but basically all it's done is swapped the modern bar chambering for the old honeycomb chambering, it's using the Epiphone Elitist's style of fret dressing, and it's using the boring '57 Classics.

It's probably still a nice guitar and all, but if it costs any more than the current Standard and Classic then it's not worth it, and calling it 'Traditional' is a stretch.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by CrazyDavey

Sigh. If you actually try them you'll see that they can be tonnes better than the Gibsons of today. But it's your loss since you have brand prejudice.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by CrazyDavey

Hahaha okay then, enjoy your Gibson.

What me and the rest of my band have actually done is removed every logo from every piece of gear we have, maybe you should try the same. If you don't really want to go that far then just put tape over every logo instead, but it means you're not getting anything just because of the name, but because it's actually a better piece of equipment.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
To be honest, as great as that probably is, it's a total rip off still.

Have you ever heard of Edwards who are a guitar company in Japan owned by ESP.
They're much cheaper and their Les Pauls are all built amazingly with long tennons and everything which even Gibson don't bother with these days.

The only problem is getting one shipped to you, but they are always on ebay so that's not too much of a problem.

because some of us like the feel of gibson guitars. have you ever heard of opinion? let the man have his, because you're obviously abusing yours

back on topic, i think i'd rather buy an old LP off ebay. however i am glad they are offering some non-chambered models that dont retail in the range of the VOS and custom shop. There's nothing worse than a light LP
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at May 30, 2008,
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Hahaha okay then, enjoy your Gibson.

What me and the rest of my band have actually done is removed every logo from every piece of gear we have, maybe you should try the same. If you don't really want to go that far then just put tape over every logo instead, but it means you're not getting anything just because of the name, but because it's actually a better piece of equipment.

<---points at his custom title.

I like that thing about removing the logos. Makes a pretty good statement.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by shredhead22
because some of us like the feel of gibson guitars. have you ever heard of opinion? let the man have his, because you're obviously abusing yours

back on topic, i think i'd rather buy an old LP off ebay. however i am glad they are offering some non-chambered models that dont retail in the range of the VOS and custom shop. There's nothing worse than a light LP

It's perfectly fine to like the feel of Gibson guitars, but that guy up there said he wanted it to SAY Gibson on the headstock rather than anything else, regardless of the, in my opinion, superior quality and value of Edwards guitars. And please do explain to me how it is possible to abuse your own opinion? Hmm?

Quote by BaffAttack
<---points at his custom title.

I like that thing about removing the logos. Makes a pretty good statement.

"It's the ear not the gear". Damn, you said that perfectly!
Quote by Les Paul Ell
And please do explain to me how it is possible to abuse your own opinion? Hmm?

that's not quite what i meant. what i meant to say was abusing your right of opinion in the fact that you started spouting off how much better edwards is compared to gibson. I can't stand when there's a "check out this brand" thread and some dick has to start preaching(or spamming) the superiority of another brand that they probably wouldn't know without being on UG .Im not saying edwards isn't a good brand; but good god man, keep your mouth shut when he's talking about non-chambered gibsons and you start gibson bashing with an apples v oranges post.

and dont try to defend you brand spam with the "he said he wanted gibson on the logo" because that was made after your OP (which was directed at the TS)
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at May 30, 2008,
Quote by shredhead22
that's not quite what i meant. what i meant to say was abusing your right of opinion in the fact that you started spouting off how much better edwards is compared to gibson. I can't stand when there's a "check out this brand" thread and some dick has to start preaching(or spamming) the superiority of another brand that they probably wouldn't know without being on UG .Im not saying edwards isn't a good brand; but good god man, keep your mouth shut when he's talking about non-chambered gibsons and you start gibson bashing with an apples v oranges post.

and dont try to play off the "he said he wanted gibson on the logo" because that was made after your OP (which was directed at the TS)

So now you're saying i'm "abusing my right of opinion" by giving the TS another option and letting him know that there are other ways to get a non-chambered Les Paul, and giving him a couple of reasons about why an alternative is also a good option? Read my original reply again, see anything there which isn't fact other than my views towards Gibsons prices?

And I'm also "some dick" spamming about another brand that I wouldn't know about if it wasn't for UG? I don't get the relevance of whether or not I heard about Edwards through UG or not. When TS said "how about you guys" he's ASKING for some feedback from people yeah? That means he wants our opinions! And Apples V Oranges? The Edwards, being a replica of the Gibson, is generally gonna be easily comparable with it so I don't think it's right to say that there is no relevance in comparing the two.

Anyway, just leave it okay. If you want to continue arguing with me do it through PM, I may or may not be bothered to respond to you but at least lets leave this thread back where it's supposed to be.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
So now you're saying i'm "abusing my right of opinion" by giving the TS another option and letting him know that there are other ways to get a non-chambered Les Paul, and giving him a couple of reasons about why an alternative is also a good option? Read my original reply again, see anything there which isn't fact other than my views towards Gibsons prices?

And I'm also "some dick" spamming about another brand that I wouldn't know about if it wasn't for UG? I don't get the relevance of whether or not I heard about Edwards through UG or not. When TS said "how about you guys" he's ASKING for some feedback from people yeah? That means he wants our opinions! And Apples V Oranges? The Edwards, being a replica of the Gibson, is generally gonna be easily comparable with it so I don't think it's right to say that there is no relevance in comparing the two.

Anyway, just leave it okay. If you want to continue arguing with me do it through PM, I may or may not be bothered to respond to you but at least lets leave this thread back where it's supposed to be.

1. yes, you're spamming edward in a "what do you think of this gibson" thread, and you're very aware of it.
2. yes it's apples v oranges, even a replica has a different feel to it which it a means it relies of preferance
3. i never called you a dick, i said i hate seeing dicks that lord other brands in a "check out this brand" thread because their personal opinion on a brand (which seems to supercede all others even though it is about preferance) is always the right in their eyes. The irony is their oh-so-biased opinion was usually founded in engaging some part of this site.
4. no pun intended, but IMO...us members have too much of an opinion
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Those Edwards do look like nice guitars for the money, but you can't try them out first in America...

I still kind of lean towards Gibson though, not because it's MIA. I know MIJ is just as good. Not because it's Gibson, but because it's Gibson's design, and specifically Les Paul's design. He should be making money for his design being sold, that is the way of America. But I suppose I could save myself money and benefit him just as much, by buying the Edwards and then just buying a bunch of Les Paul stuff straight from his website, or CDs I won't even listen to? I hadn't thought of that until just now, but that solves my problem with the Japanese stolen designs.

EDIT: Hell, I could probably mail him a check and an explanation :P
Producing a "Traditional" Les Paul is just marketing. Gibson have maybe half a dozen really popular designs, and they've had to find new ways to sell them for over 50 years.

Don't be taken in by the advertising. Just try the guitars out and see whether you like them as guitars.
Quote by shredhead22

and dont try to defend you brand spam with the "he said he wanted gibson on the logo" because that was made after your OP (which was directed at the TS)

Um.....how about you not try to censure some one over the internet when your not a mod. Have you ever even tried an edwards? It's just as good if not better than a Gibson lp. How about we learn to respect others opinions.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by CrazyDavey

I'd rather have an Edwards than a new Les Paul.

However you can do like some smart people. Pick up a Les Paul from the late 90's, they're not too expensive and are awesome players, I'm yet to find a ad one from that era (my LP Studio from '98 beats many modern Les Pauls!).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The only thing that really interests me is the fretting technology they used. Paying over a grand extra just for that would be a total ripoff imo.

Quote by CrazyDavey

Think again.

Edwards sounds so much better than Gibson.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by shredhead22

my opinion is that you can get a similar feel from licensed or unlicensed copies which can actually be better than the real thing for a fraction of the price. MIJ epiphones spring to mind.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
guitarcenter.com is selling the traditional as the same price as the standards. But it only comes with the 50's rounded neck.
I had a guy call me when I was selling my Gretsch and he wanted to trade me an Edwards. I had read about them so I had him bring it over.

All I can say is it was a great Les Paul for someone who has never owned a really nice Gibson.

Much better than an Epi, niot as good as my old Gibson.
Quote by shredhead22

Why not just get an epi? They aren't chambered.
Elitist if you're super picky about everything being tops.
Gibson guitars, in my opinion, belong in the 800-1200 range, no higher.
Problem is, these days, you can't get anything but a faded or that BFG abomination for that.
Gibson has effectively started upcharging by about 100% solely because of the name, and man, QC has been **** lately, not to mention everyone I know who has had a gibson or currently does has dealt with headstock snaps.
None of us even use 11's.
That's unacceptable.
Not once has it happened to any of our epi's.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by edge11
How about we learn to respect others opinions.

Yes, a capital idea. Let's start by not being a dick to someone because they like Gibson's and not "insert brand."

And, no, "I'm right, you're stupid, but you're entitled to your stupid doo-doo-head opinion" isn't respectful.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
The Les Paul Traditional is still weight relieved, just not chambered. They're still drilling the holes in the body aka the "swiss cheese" weight relief.